Senior Data Scientist - Systems Engineering
Lloyds Banking Group
£60825 - £81100
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We've placed digital banking at the heart of our strategy to become the best bank for customers, backed with a £3bn investment into areas such as Data Science, AI and Robotics.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which the bank of the future will sit.
So why join CIO Engineering as a Senior Data Scientist?
* You'll build and nurture a squad of Data Scientists in a highly visible role with considerable Exec level focus as the Group takes a software engineering and data led approach.
* You'll need to appraise, motivate and develop your team whilst balancing resources and budgets to create an inspiring place to work whilst meeting business demands.
* You'll head the engagement with your customers, juggle multiple priorities and educate business areas how to use data throughout the decision-making process and confidence in your state-of-the-art solutions.
* You'd craft the strategy data generation, refinement and transformation, build technical and analytical experiments and seek ways to apply data-led analytics to support Engineering solutions.
* You'd help CIO play a pivotal role in building new systems capabilities for the Group as we fast become a leading FinTech.
* You'd also be working with a wider group of AI, RPA and Automation trailblazers at the hub of a ground-breaking agenda.
* You'll use data science techniques in a huge way to rapidly transform everything from how we deliver key engineering projects to optimising new Cloud platforms and various strategic transformations.
* We'll see you work on well-invested programmes at scale with over 70,000 users, thousands of apps, platforms and devices and 30m+ customers relying on your work.
Here are some real examples of the work you could be doing:
* You'll be harvesting and wrangling data from various sources (Cloud data, Log analytics and various NoSQL databases) to engineer automated solutions to optimise applications and the load placed between various Cloud platforms.
* You'll develop new data models, algorithms and visualisations to help our engineers fix our technology "Stack" and predict the downstream impacts and effects of system outages.
* And you'll help overhaul our massive patch management operations using streamed and batch process data to deliver better systems and devices .
You can help us make it possible..
And what about you?
We're keen to speak to you if you're an established Senior Data Engineer/Data Scientist with the leadership qualities to both inspire a sizeable, multi-site team whilst facing into senior business customers.
You'll also need to possess a developed communication kit bag - adept at conversing to technical/non-technical audiences and influencing widely.
You should also have skills spanning across the following:
* A strong knowledge of Python, ideally including libraries (MLLib etc.).
* Skills in model-development and an understanding of different data sources and structures including NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Splunk, Log Analytics).
* A good understanding of machine learning principles (with additional skills in ML technologies like Scikit-Learn or Apache Spark being very helpful).
Finally, any wider knowledge of software development practices or Cloud data engineering would also be very useful.
And how could we challenge you?
We'll ensure that you'll get exposure to a host of wider technologies and careers by broadening your data science and engineering horizons.
We'll also give you the stretch you desire in terms of systems data science with opportunities to widen your skills in engineering data-led solutions to complex technology stacks.
What we'd give you in return:
Offering you both funding and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll also provide a broad remuneration package which includes:
* A Car/allowance
* A Performance Share bonus of c20% and generous pension contribution
* A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle.
* Private health cover and 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
So if joining a growing, state of the art team appeals then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you...