Quality Assurance Specialist - Utilities
£40000 - £48000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Quality Assurance Specialist - Utilities
Location: Coventry - Travel Required
We are actively looking to secure a Quality Assurance Specialist to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
To provide quality assurance on supplier quality management systems and processes regarding contracts or products supplied to the business. Ensure that appropriate controls are in place within supplier organisations to mitigate any safety, productivity or commercial risks, associated with poor quality, unapproved or incorrect specification products, being introduced into our supply chain.
* Ensure that our suppliers are operating within the required parameters of their Quality Management Systems for products supplied to the business and advise of any controls gaps or weaknesses in supplier processes.
* Carry out audits, creating reports and making recommendations as appropriate internally and with Suppliers, tracking remedial actions to closure.
* Create, document and adhere to Quality Management Working procedures and provide recommendations to the manager
* Support the wider business on adhoc issues and investigations relating to failure or potential failure of supply chain products.
* Undertake assessments / audits of suppliers Quality Management Systems and Processes following the principles of known industry standards e.g. ISO, BSI etc. Create audit reports in conjunction with the supplier.
* Determine appropriate Quality Assurance Methods in line with documented policies.
* Record all relevant Quality Assurance Methods and audit findings with the Quality Assurance Methods Management System (QAMMS).
* Develop and implement a risk based quality assurance plan annually, taking account of risk categories of products supplied, volumes supplied, supply chain resilience, known or historic supplier performance issues.
* Identify new opportunities ensuring that quality aspects of new or innovative products supplied by new or existing suppliers are assessed before introduction into the business, linking into the G23 process.
* Contribute to the development of appropriate KPI's and Terms & Conditions with Buyers in engaging our Suppliers.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know How:
* Experience of doing supplier quality audits and follow up work.
* Must be fully familiar with the requirements of ISO9001 and its application, plus awareness of other relevant ISO management system standards such as 14001 and 45001.
* Must be able to coach and assist suppliers to improve when required.
* Able to create and write meaningful working procedures to support the quality assurance process and requirements, based on ISO 9001 standards.
* Ability to deliver presentations, to write reports and to work in an environment with incomplete data.
* Previous experience of working in large organisations and using of a variety of databases and portals. Formal qualifications are desirable (C&G minimum) plus auditing (such as IRCA), plus membership of the CQI or similar.
* Motivated by desire to communicate and improve product quality for both suppliers and the business
* Open enquiring approach and initiative
* Ability to help resolve technical and quality issues with purchased products and services.
* Must have mechanical engineering knowledge, ability to understand technical specifications.
* Formal qualifications are desirable (C&G minimum) plus auditing (such as IRCA), plus membership of the CQI or similar.
If you have the above skills please submit your CV in the first instance.