|Listed on:||27th February|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlandss|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,000 - £40,000|
|Salary Notes:||Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
SQL Developer / Administrator
Birmingham, West Midlands
c£40,000 Plus 26 Days' Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days' Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Additional Benefits Package
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, our client is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. They do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly and they work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how our client can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
Our client is now looking for a SQL Developer / Administrator to join them and support their Microsoft SQL Servers, both on premises and in Azure.
Joining the Support Services team means leading on projects and pioneering new services that enable everyone at the organisation to do their jobs exceptionally. It's a broad team covering Facilities, Health and Safety and core IT, including Information Management and Security. The team are an integrated part of the wider organisation so no matter what your role, you'll collaborate to find new solutions to familiar problems and proactively explore new ways to help our client improve. You won't be confined by your job title and will have plenty of opportunities to follow your own ideas that ultimately help elevate our client's work and their impact on the public.
As a SQL Developer / Administrator, you will support our client'stechnical capabilities.
In this varied role, you'll ensure that software code is of a high quality, help to design and develop new and existing applications and work on bug fixes and any live issues with software.
Additionally, your duties will involve:
- Testing code and ensuring it's readable and maintainable
- Analysing and translating functional requirements into software deliverables
- Supporting the maintenance of information management and information security
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of supporting scalable server-side cloud-based web applications, ideally Microsoft Azure
- In-depth knowledge of the C#, .NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core and MVC programming languages
- A technical understanding of Microsoft on-premise and cloud technologies, such as SQL Azure
- Knowledge of OWASP and other vulnerabilities
- The ability to write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- The ability to research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- The ability to secure digital services
As a SQL Developer / Administrator, you'll be a quick learner who is able to communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience. You'll also have a creative approach to problem-solving and great time-management skills.
The closing date for applications is the 13th March 2019.
To apply for the role of SQL Developer / Administrator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: SQL Developer, SQL Administrator, Programmer, Software Developer, SQL Programmer, System Administrator, Software Engineer, Software Application Developer, Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Developer.