Millions of packets of Kellogg's cereal are scanned through Retailer's outlets every day in the UK. Have you ever wondered how these products become available to our customers? It's a highly successful and complex operation and we are looking for talented people who are highly motivated with a can do attitude to help grow the business.
As a successful applicant, you will experience what it's like, to be part of a global business that delights the world through foods and brands that matter! With Kelloggs you will have the opportunity to gain great exposure to key areas that will help shape you to become an industry expert.
What will I be doing:
- Responsible for ensuring that the required EHS (environment, health and safety) standards are maintained and adhered to through following defined company policies and procedures. Promotes a safe working environment
- Responsible for ensuring that the required QFS (quality and food safety) standards are maintained and adhered to through following defined company policies and procedures. Promotes a food safe working environment
- Responsible for completion of checks and recording of results into digital systems, timely in line with plant procedures
- Drives production performance using Key Performance Indicators to understand and act on equipment source of loss; works with the shift or day team to solve problems to return equipment to standard
- Liaises upstream and downstream with peers and has an understanding of the E2E (end to end) process
- Operates, maintains plant equipment to standard using SOPs and SOCs and also carries out basic RMs (reliability maintenance) and repairs through performing engineering operations (PEO) training.
- Completes all AM (Autonomous Maintenance) tasks for their assigned equipment (where relevant). Clean, return to standard (Centre line) & clean, inspect, lubricate (CIL).
- Actively works with the team and support functions to make improvements in their area
- Attendance at DDS (daily direction setting) meetings to review line performance
- Responsible for ensuring that the required MSS (master sanitation schedule) standards are maintained and adhered to through following defined company policies and procedures. Promotes a food safe working environment.
- Completes as shift handover to ensure clear and concise communication of operations status. This is performed at both outgoing and incoming shift time.
As a Technical Operator you will complete a 12 month fully funded Level 2 Food & Drink Operator standard that consists of both theory and practical application in our Manchester plant. You will learn all the skills you need to be a qualified technical operator.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
A hunger to learn, a positive can do attitude, the drive and determination to succeed in manufacturing as well as being able to meet the following requirements:
- A Creative thinker, with passion to build strong and enduring relationships and respects diversity with their team
- Demonstrate a passion for hard work and has a positive can do attitude
- Successful completion at GCSE level 3 and above in Maths, English and one other subject
- Basic engineering maintenance qualification or equivalent previous working experience working in a technical role
- An analytical thinker with the ability to plan, prioritize and deliver work to a given timescale
- A confident communicator with the ability to integrate within established teams
- NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
- Interest in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry
- FLT license
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I GAIN?
- Level 2 Standard, Food and Drink Advanced Process Operator
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This role requires someone with a passion and spirit to work and win within this area of the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to grow with us whilst contributing to the success of the Kellogg business.
- Share scheme
- Onsite restaurant
- Onsite Gymnasium
- Cornflex (portal)
- Cycle to work scheme
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Closing date for applications: 15th March