DevOps Engineer - Linux/AWS/Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible - Leeds
DevOps Engineer/Platform Engineer
Leeds, West Yorkshire and other client sites
£40,000 to £80,000 + Benefits
Multiple roles available (varying levels required)
The role of Platform Engineer is to focus on delivering highly available, scalable enterprise solutions on IAAS/PAAS platforms.
Within the dept. we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Platform Engineering capability is a growing team of people dedicated to ensuring that the technologies selected and the way that they are implemented meet the business objectives of our clients. There are several disciplines within the team: delivery, business, integration and digital architects and technical managers, and many of our people can perform in more than one of these roles.Key Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer:
The Ideal Candidate for the DevOps Engineer (we are more interested in people who understand the methodology and fundamentals rather than specific tools)
- Actively working with clients on digital IaaS, PaaS, SaaS solution strategies, designs, and delivery programmes.
- Working with our clients in transforming their business by delivering solutions and methodologies following best practice.
- Identifying the best technologies and services upon consideration of the client's needs, constraints and strategies.
- You will be expected to create, maintain and enhance standards for delivery for business functionality, as well as developing, maintaining, and enhancing design standards and patterns for infrastructure and system components.
- Participating in bid workshops, recommending solutions, presenting proposed solutions to prospective clients and contributing content to proposals.
- Strong Unix/Linux background
- Networking and Load Balancing
- Excellent scripting skills (any of the following) - Bash, Perl, Python or Shell
- Some knowledge of Public Cloud Services - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud (GCP)
- Pervious exposure to working in an Agile environment
- Configuration Management Tools - Ansible, Puppet, Chef, CFEngine etc
- Continuous Integration Tools - Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Codeship etc
- Introduction of a CI/CD pipeline
- Any exposure to Docker and Kubernetes will be highly beneficial as you will be using this in production.
Large IT Consultancy who provide enterprise IT services to a number of leading companies throughout the world. If you are keen to discuss further please contact Dave Macpherson at Evolution Recruitment Solution or apply to the role with your up to date CV.