Technical Architect - £80k to £85k - Central London
A fantastic opportunity has come up to join a global entertainment technology business that I am confident you will be interested in. The opportunity is to join a company who aim to simplify user experiences
and make the journey of discovering content as enjoyable as possible.
During their twenty-two-year
history they've won - and continue to collect - loads of major awards for their software products and design innovations, being recognised and consistently trusted by the world's biggest broadcast, telecom and airline customers.
You will be joining a close-knit community of friendly, talented people who are excited about technology and committed to creativity. They empower thier people to do their very best, priding themselves on their fun, informal culture, huge social calendar and strong support for work-life balance.
Just as technology continues to evolve and change at a rapid rate, so do this company, differentiated by their ability to embrace change, run with new ideas, and continuously strive for better. What they are looking for:
You are a passionate Architect or Lead Engineer who has a love for technology, engineering and people with previous exposure to
What you will be doing:
- Managing technical risk (selecting vendors, designing software solutions, automation design, communicating design to other parties)
- Design and communication of architectural decisions
- API (REST or otherwise) design, documentation and management (preferably delivered through microservices)
- AWS or other cloud infrastructure/s or services (EC2, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- A number of development languages (ideally NodeJS a typed language, e.g. .NET/Java) patterns and products
- Working directly with technical and non-technical client stakeholders, ensuring that proposed technology solutions are viable, feasible and desirable
- Collaborating with developers to ensure that technical vision or technical detail is accurately delivered
- Creation of, either directly or with developers, proof of concepts or "spikes" to ensure the feasibility of a proposed solution
- Setting expectations with clients, project management and development teams
- Self-reliance - you must be able to take direction, plan and execute
- Architecting high performance and complex web applications
- Opportunity to work with an established architecture and development team delivering a live and on-demand sports video platform
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and get work done in a complex delivery environment
Some of our company perks
- Ownership of and responsibility for Software Engineering Architecture
- Promotion and enforcement of Software Engineering Architectural best practices
- Regular Software Architecture knowledge sharing sessions with the Software Engineering team
- Collaboration with Software Engineering and Project Managers, ensuring fit for purpose solution design, architectural approach and iteration and release plans
- Promotion and enforcement of Software Engineering best practices and standards
- Involvement in the evolution of core our Software Technologies and Products alongside fellow Engineers
This role is for an immediate start and you must have eligibility to work in the UK and daily attendance in London UK office is required.
- 25 days of annual leave per year
- 5 sick days pa
- Perk Box
- Unlimited coffee/tea and daily office snacks and fruit
- Friday drinks and end of month celebrations
- Small, creative, close-knit BE team who love to collaborate
- Casual dress code
If you're interested please submit your CV and contact me, Tom Dennett at Evolution.