Senior Software Engineer (Markets Risk)
Lloyds Banking Group
£57483 - £83031
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Could you make the difference?
* You'll craft how the team engages with business customers to deliver solutions with a genuine opportunity to take the function forward as we extend into new customer areas (possibly Credit Risk)
* You'll get to support and deliver the new, tactical and strategic solutions using Scrum (and some Kanban) agile methodologies, cultivating the skills of others in these approaches.
* You'll lead in aspects of the engagement, delivery, support and improvement of strategic and tactical systems underpinning Commercial Bank's Credit & Market Risk functions.
* Beyond hands-on development you'll also work with senior business leaders and various business project Leads to prioritise work and to help take the technologies into the future as we evolve our data landscape.
* You'll also get to review our current software development processes and propose ways to optimise them in line with the best thinking out there in the industry.
So this is so much more than a coding role - requiring vision, drive and an ability to be strategic and business-facing. And your work will have a measurable impact to the performance of our team and the tools used by a business critical middle office function.
What do we need you to bring with you?
* You'll need core skills of SQL Server, C# and VBA to deliver on the development side of the role (Sybase IQ experience would be a real advantage).
* You'll possess a deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile Scrum/Kanban delivery methods, possibly including DevOps tooling knowledge.
* Most importantly you'll bring the ability to nurture a team whilst engaging, influencing and shaping people's thinking to achieve the vision we have in mind for the function.
Wider experience in the following you'll find useful:
* Server side and test-led development (TDD) experience (including event driven messaging libraries).
* Knowledge of software architecture patterns and their application
* General knowledge of Financial Services and ideally experience of working with Risk Management functions and processes or specifically knowledge of Markets Risk.
* Experience of data warehouses, Hadoop data lakes and Python with one eye on the future.
What will you get in return?
A role here will stretch you as well as giving you a platform from which you can grow and develop your career in a huge, engineering-focused organisation.
And you'll also benefit from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working whilst advancing the best of our people.