The Rank Group
The Rank Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
3 Month Contract
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Design solution architecture for Rank's IT projects covering digital gaming systems, retail gaming systems, gaming applications, integration, web analytics, CRM and data systems.
· Work with business, development, data and infrastructure SMEs and third-party vendors to design and implement bespoke technology solutions.
· Develop, communicate, document, maintain, and govern the overall architecture of solutions, identifying and owning key architecture decisions.
· Assure low level designs are complaint with the solution architecture, and that documentation meets the required standards.
Make risk/value assessments and propose a range of appropriate solutions ensuring alignment with strategic direction, following recognized industry best practices and utilizing latest technology.
Ensure that solutions meet business objectives, scenarios and end to end process requirements.
Ensure that solutions meet non-functional requirements for performance, scalability, security and maintainability.
· Coordinate with the architecture team to ensure that solutions being designed in parallel are compatible when released.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of Solution Architecture practices within Rank.
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications
· Strong Solution Architecture experience with bespoke and off the shelf systems.
Proven experience of designing integrations with digital, retail and data systems and customer facing applications with local, distributed and cloud platform backends.
· Technology Solution Consulting with executive level stakeholders.
Use of UML and other markup languages to depict software solutions.
Record of delivering software and systems integration solutions within a complex business.
Good understanding of current application development, project management and service delivery methodologies.
Service oriented architecture and microservices.
SOAP/REST web service design, messaging systems such as MSMQ or Service Bus
Agile and DevOps principles and continuous integration (CI/CD) techniques.
Gaming/Gambling industry experience.
Web infrastructure including DNS, CDN, PKI, OpenID Connect, IaaS/PaaS in Azure or AWS.
Knowledge of TOGAF / Zachman / other EA frameworks.
· Mobile development - native Android/iOS or Cordova
Enterprise development stacks such as .NET, J2EE preferably in a SOA environment.
Ability to balance the "big picture" with short-term implications of individual decisions.
Ability to translate business needs into multiple technology solution options.
Strong conceptual thinker, able to generate and communicate an abstract perspective from a complex set of facts.
Great communicator and relationship builder. Able to communicate technical considerations clearly and concisely in terms that are relevant to the audience.
Proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
Diligent, dependable with a high degree of integrity.
Promotes knowledge and skills sharing within the team.
Ability to plan managed transitions between multiple interim stages of a solution deployment.
How to Apply:
Please apply by completing your talent profile with as much supporting information as possible so that you stand out. You can even attach a short video clip of yourself if you what to really show off your personality. Upload a photo and don't forget to attach your CV and include any other information (such as certificates, a cover letter, testimonials etc.) that you think may help.
Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Health and Safety Policy (SP001) and the law. In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and must cooperate with any investigation as appropriate.