Facilities Management / Property Maintenance - Apprentice
£155 - £155
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Apprentice Facilities Management Technician
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The College is located in Hulme a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. It is one of the largest Sixth Form Colleges in the country and rated as Outstanding at the last Ofsted Inspection.
They are now seeking to appoint an Apprentice Facilities Management Technician supporting the FM & Estates faculty, completing various day to day duties. Maintaining the building and undertaking janitorial tasks relating to the caretaking of the College.
* To support the FM and Estates team in the day to day running of the faculty, working alone and as part of a team.
* To undertake and maintain cleanliness and physical appearance/environment of the designated area both inside and out following specialist training where applicable.
* Portering duties within and outside the building location making arrangements where necessary for the movement of heavy furniture within the College.
* To carry out various maintenance and repairs in the College including redecorating and fixing.
* To be responsible for the implementation of a preventative planned maintenance programme in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
* To assist the Facilities Manager with specific projects, ensuring college buildings are safe and fit for purpose, including using any specialist skills - e.g. joinery, carpentry, building, plumbing to limit where possible the use of outside contractors.
* Ability to follow policies and procedures
* Good attention to detail
* Friendly and approachable, adaptable, flexible and able to communicate effectively
* Ability to work on own initiative, managing own workload, whilst working within a busy team
What they Offer:
* An exceptional level of support through mentoring
* A working environment that is caring and has high expectations of both students and staff
* An opportunity to work in newly built / improved buildings and facilities
* Framework: Property Maintenance Operative
* Level 2
* Expected Duration: 2 years
* What you could go on to do: Facilities Manager, Assistant Facilities Manager, Caretaker Level 3
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of: Maintenance Assistant, Property Maintenance, Health & Safety Officer, Health & Safety Assistant, Facilities Administrator, Electrical Services, Facilities Coordinator, Repairs Assistant, Building Services Apprentice, Works Assistant, Facilities Officer and Property Services Apprentice will be considered for this role.