Information Security Specialist
£65000 - £75000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client, a particular business unit of a well established group, are seeking an Information Security Specialist to join their site in Central London.
Do you have knowledge and experience of SDLC, Security Architecture and Cloud Security Solutions?
Then you could be the Security Specialist we are looking for.
You will act as an information security SME on projects from a governance, risk, compliance and technical standpoint to assist and provide direction to the project managers. You will need to ensure the company complies with relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice in all matters relating to security. You will also need to be aware of the bigger picture within the organisation and also understand the importance of Data Security management, including external drivers and standards such as ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS. Also, you will be responsible for keeping the organisation informed on these issues and advising them of the best approach.
* Provide advice and guidance on how to minimise the impact to the company of potential threats to the network or assets
* Liaise with potential or current partners and suppliers and evaluate the information security levels of the company or products.
* Investigate the vulnerability to potential malicious attacks and recommend defensive actions.
* Ensure that data security policies are implemented, enforced, monitored and complied with and to ensure the company embraces a culture of Information Security.
* Develop and ensure data security procedures are approved that provide the more detailed steps that service areas need to adhere to in order to implement that data security policies.
* Work with Infrastructure Solution Architects and advice on all Information Security Risks with regards to infrastructure, changes to processes or software implementations. To critique the high and low level designs within projects. Working on all such projects throughout their life cycle to ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are met.
* Ensure that regular risk assessments are completed in departments and the results are recorded.
* Assist in taking timely action resulting from any risk assessment recommendations. This may involve liaison with other departments, partners or suppliers. It is essential to keep the IT Security department informed if there are any issues of non-compliance.
* Be aware of current and possible future trends in information security and take into account current procedures, to define and develop procedures and policies for appropriate and secure use of the IT systems.
* Adherence to standards, including ISO27001 and Information Technology, PCI-DSS and Infrastructure Library (ITIL)If you have a desire to learn and can demonstrate a genuine passion for Information security and data protection, then this could be the perfect role for you.
As an Information Security Specialist, you will be working for an award winning company in London. You are sure to be working for a company who nurture and reward their employees for their commitment and talent, demonstrated through their employee involvement and charity initiatives.
Interested? If so, get in touch, today.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales