Business Data Modelling Manager
Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) recognises that data is a significant business differentiator for financial services companies. Across the banking industry Data Management is receiving increased attention and focus and LBG is looking to drive a more sophisticated approach to how it manages data to support transformation and digitisation of the business, and the ability to optimise interactions with customers. Data Management includes a range of disciplines that lead to trusted, well understood data, including Data Strategy & Innovation, Data Governance, Data Quality Management and Metadata Management.
The Data Management Analyst delivers activity to contribute to the maturity of Data Quality and Metadata capabilities across LBG. They will support the delivery of tooling, standards, processes and training artefacts to enable Divisions and Value streams to deliver Data Quality and Metadata outcomes and provide support in the development, implementation, interpretation and monitoring of Metadata and Data Quality processes across the Group.
* Supports the ownership, management and governance of the Group's Business Data Modelling (Data Domain framework)
* Ensures the identification and embedding of Data Domains that represent the business view of data
* Champions robust data governance, ensuring Data Domains have appropriate business ownership and are well-defined and documented
* Partners with Engineering counterparts to support the strategic linking of business concepts to the enterprise logical view of data and document within the Group Metadata Repository
* Provides data expertise, advice and guidance to influence business decisions and contribute to the development of functional policy
* Develops and maintain key business data architectural standards and guidance materials including Data Lineage, Authoritative Data Sources, Data Domains and Reference Data
* Support the Business Data Modelling Senior Manager in preparing for Business Data Modelling and related Governance forums
* Produces concise documentation to summarise and convey key Business Data Modelling concepts to stakeholders and colleagues
* Co-ordinates the business component of the Reference Data Strategy, ensuring key deliverables are realised including: identification and cataloguing of Reference Data meaning, producing governing standards to promote best practice, partnering with Engineering counterparts to identify opportunities for simplification
* Plays a lead role in identifying common data capabilities required at Group-level and co-ordinate design and build to maximise re-use/Bank-wide applicability
Knowledge and Experience
* Deep understanding of how data is used in the business and what are the most critical types of data
* Experience of delivering data management programmes
* Demonstrated experience as an agile practitioner developing and testing data use cases in a collaborative and iterative way
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate engagement across colleagues of all organisational levels with a track record of building strong relationships with senior stakeholders
* Experience of creating and communicating key data management concepts and messages
* Ability to lead, syndicate and achieve organisational change within a complex structure
* Familiarity with external vendors and communities to facilitate the incorporation of data-related ideas and practices from outside our organisation
What Lloyds can offer
* In return we'll offer you a competitive salary, a great package including a performance related bonus, generous pension contribution, 30 days annual leave allowance, flexible cash pot and private medical insurance. Training and up-skilling will be a focus within this role.
* We support a good work-life balance with agile working, home-working, a focus upon personal development and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace. Together we make it possible
* Our continued dedication to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
* Together we have a role to play in crafting the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
* We're focused on building a values-led culture and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.