PHP Developer Lead
Spring Group Plc
£45000 - £46000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Who we are:
We're a start-up with a difference! Born in 2017, we're a ticketing agent, we're a booking platform, we build packages for our clients' bespoke events and we provide expert customer service.
We love travel, we love music, we love festivals, we love tech and we love perfecting our product and our service so that our clients have a one-stop-shop for their event.
We're still exploring our potential with a great deal of excitement and loads of
ambition, and now you get to join the ride!
What we do:
We offer a dynamic and versatile solution to clients wanting a flexible event,
group or ticket focused system, incorporating travel and accommodation. We are
not just a plug-in or add-on, we are your complete solution.
Our in-house development team build and support the completely bespoke custom
products which make all this possible. The typical projects you would be involved
with would range from new products being architected and developed, addressing
technical debt, R&D of new features or delivering a lightning talk to the rest of the team.
Who are you:
- Have the soft-skills necessary to manage and mentor a team
- Enjoy delivering innovative functionality using OOP PHP.
- You will champion new technologies when its right for the business
- Be aware of individual team members' career aspirations. Work with senior
management team to get them there.
- Encourage innovation and help support an environment to help build an
award-winning software solution.
What we're looking for:
- Solid understanding of object oriented PHP and SOLID principles
- Implement and follow best practice architecture
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other team members
- Strong MySQL knowledge, working with large & complex schemas
- A background in commercial development, travel or ticketing beneficial
like ReactJS, Bootstrap, jQuery).
- Experience building highly scalable and complex distributed systems.
- Production experience with Linux environments , and experience with cloud
- Knowledge of or experience with any or all of these technologies: Composer,
Docker, Ansible, Github, Continuous Integration, PHPUnit, Kubernetes, GCP.
What we can give you:
- An engaging and stimulating workplace
- 23 days holiday per annum (increasing with service to a maximum of 25 days)
- Opportunities to work and attend festivals
- Free car parking
- A culture that nurtures creativity and passion
- Health shield cash plan programme, helping to you manage personal issues
at work and at home
- Death in service benefit
- Critical Illness cover after 6 months service
- A great employee referral scheme
- Flexible working hours and no dress code.
- Regular social events
To Apply for the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0161 233 1266.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement