Tier 2 Support Engineer
£22,000 - £25,000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title:Tier 2 Support Engineer
Reporting to: Head Engineer
Salary: 22k - 25k depending on salary
This established Microsoft Certified Managed Service Provider is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their existing team of experienced support technicians in this rewarding role. Reporting directly to the Head Engineer in the first instance, you will be responsible for providing proactive maintenance and support for key clients and the delivery of exceptional on-site support.
Daily duties will range from; resolving client technical issues; full server side diagnosis and troubleshooting to maintain their customers' IT infrastructure; PC and server assembly and on site troubleshooting and installation as necessary. Candidates will need to be calm under pressure, have a positive, friendly, can-do attitude and a good sense of humour.
Hours of work40 hours - 5 days per week on a rota system.
Holiday 28 Days per year
Location Based at their offices in Redruth
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years practical experience in solution delivery, being proficient or have some knowledge in the implementation and support of the following technologies:
- WatchGuard XTM range of Firewalls
- MS Server 2003 / 2008/ 2012
- MS Exchange 2007 / 2010/ 2013
- MS SQL Server
- Windows 7/ 8/ 10
- Unix / Linux
The business is a very successful IT support provider which helps companies maximise their revenue and profitability by providing a tiered range of IT support services. Acting as a company's 'Virtual IT department', they provide telephone and on-site support, network and system design and supply and VOIP.
They also project manage and develop a range of bespoke business software applications which include bespoke databases and the company are also planning additional product developments.
- Full, clean driving licence
- Experience of troubleshooting / maintaining Windows Clients 7/8/10
- Experience of troubleshooting / maintaining Windows Server /2008/2012/2016
- Experience of supporting end users in a domain environment
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of troubleshooting / maintaining Exchange
- Sense of humour
- A+, Network+, MCSA or equivalent in Win 2003/2008
- TCP/IP sub netting and routing
- Assembling and installing PCs and servers