Sen. Systems Administrator - Skype & Exchange - £55K - London*
Nigel Frank International
£35000 - £55000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Systems Administrator - Skype & Exchange - £55K - London
* Key Responsibilities:
* Contributes to the implementation of maintenance and installation work. Coordinates all agreed system software maintenance tasks and recommends additional tasks to assist in the smooth running of the technologies.
* Responsible for implementing the set-up, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft & VMware based environments. Able to research the answers to complex technical issues and to provide solutions to the business.
* Identifies complex operational problems and provides solutions calling on experience gained in the technical field.
* Acts as a principal technical expert in Active Directory technologies and provides technical experience to business aligned projects as and when required.
* Works in collaboration with architects and designers to provide the specialist technical expertise required to assist in the definition of future IT strategies. Provide a consultancy role to the IT solutions designers to meet the specific design needs.
* Applies best practice and specialist knowledge to meet the changing business requirements of the infrastructure. Work alongside the business aligned IT services functions to ensure that the development of technical strategies meet business needs.
* Contributes to the definitions of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the CIMS team and the development of technical procedures and standards
Key Behaviours and Competencies:
* Analyses, and develops a deep understanding of, complex technical challenges and reports this information to senior ITS management and people within the business.
Leadership & Impact:
* Manages and delivers own day-to-day workload and priorities with minimal guidance and supervision, setting own high professional standards and showing an awareness of impact beyond own team and ITS directorate. Willing to provide support or training to colleagues and receive support or training as required.
* Communicates concisely and memorably with colleagues, guiding and enabling them to understand other points of view. Influences others using clear and persuasive arguments, building internal networks for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
* Provides advice, guidance and support to colleagues and is responsible for general data administration. Ability to solve a range of straightforward problems only seeking direction, guidance and support of colleagues in more tricky situations.
* Demonstrate understanding of demand for responsible service delivery.
* May contribute expertise to relevant projects where required and supports colleagues with the day-to-day running of certain projects.
* Manages internal IT Infrastructure projects as directed by the manager, taking a lead on technical decisions.
Key Technical Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience in supporting MS Active Directory and its key Infrastructure
* Experience using System Center Configuration Manager.
* Experience in Monitoring via System Centre Operations Manager.
* Substantial Windows server administration experience.
* High degree of expertise in Active Directory
* Experience in Powershell scripting.
Please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org