|Listed on:||14th February|
Want to use your skills to work on solutions that enable scientists and employees across R&D to help patients? Want to be part of high performing teams containing world class talent? Do you have a passion for developing innovative, cutting-edge solutions to scientific and operational business problems? Then this could be the role for you . . .
The R&D Data strategy was put in place over 3 years ago with the mission to improve R&D decision making through the better use of its data. The Data & Computational Science group has now picked up the baton to build upon the foundations implemented, including Infrastructure build, platform and capability delivery to drive development of visualisation products. These solutions will enable effective use of available data to be maximised by users across all of R&D from those exploring the data, through those analysing large scale datasets for insights to AI/ML experts in data and computational science.
• Lead implementation of Knowledge Graph-based Semantic Search.
• Design, implement and validate novel graph analytics platform, enabling relationships-based insights discovery; visualization of structured and unstructured data;
• Drive conversion of large Information sets into Knowledge utilizing Graph technologies
• Use Graph Algorithms, Machine Learning and NLP to support solving scientific problems using knowledge graphs
• Collaborate with scientists, data and UX teams in shaping the direction of graph-based technologies creating insightful experiences for scientists.
• Lead and drive technology processes from concept development to completion of project deliverables.
• Be hands on within the project team on a day-to-day basis, laying foundations for the graph solutions, solving the problems, continually inspecting and shaping the backlog in response to the changing business landscape or technical discoveries
• Challenge the norm and push the team to forget the easy route and go after the impossible
Closing date for applications: 19th February 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact [Telephone number removed] . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• M.S of Computer Science/Engineering with relevant and practical experience in software product management or product development
• Research engineer with a track record of creating real world knowledge graphs,
• Experience with graph algorithms and graph data structure design (creation and maintenance)
• Ability to convert data sources (structured and unstructured) using data engineering tools into coherent and consistent searchable knowledge graph structures.
• Person with solid experience with graph databases (e.g. Neo4j, Titan, ArangoDB, OrientDB), graph frameworks or graph visualization libraries
• Person with solid programming skills in at least one language (Cypher, Java, Python)
• An open-minded personality with desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem.
• A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues with academic, scientific background as well as with technologists and engineers from Big Data, Machine Learning and Data engineering teams.
• Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives;
MS / Ph.D with relevant and practical experience in knowledge graph / graph DB solutions development
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.