Senior Software Developer
£25,000 - £80,000
Senior Software Developer. Up to £60k. A global tech firm who specialises in smart audio technology is looking for multiple software developers to join it's tech team to help develop new and innovative web services, APIs, back-end databases and analytics.
The successful candidate will work with product managers, hardware engineers, embedded software engineers and application developers to create the next generation of Smart Audio and Smart Home devices and apps for some of the world's leading consumer electronics audio brands.
* Web service software architecture and design.
* Hands-on server software development, test, debug, deployment and support.
* Software specification and documentation.
* Working closely with colleagues in product marketing, investigate feasibility and develop concepts and prototypes for new technologies, products and applications.
* Act as mentor, coach and trainer to less experienced team members, and help develop and promote appropriate processes and best practice within the team.
* REST + JSON APIs.
* Proficient in Python.
* Experience of MySQL database design issues and techniques (data models, queries, indexing, cacheing, mirroring, sharding etc.)
* Good familiarity with cloud deployment technologies, such as Azure and Kubernetes.
* Good understanding of web security threats and solutions.
* Experience of working in an Agile development process (e.g. SCRUM).
* Tools such as Jenkins, Git, SVN, JIRA.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in communicating with embedded devices is beneficial.
* A personal interest in audio, music, Smart Home and/or IoT is a distinct advantage.