Business Development Manager
£41970 - £67152
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for a driven and entrepreneurial individual, who is results orientated, to join a fast paced, exciting and growing SME.
My client is a thermal engineering company specialized in delivering cost-effective solutions for thermal and analytical problems in the space industry. They have achieved expertise in fields of space and thermal engineering.
Due to the success of the company winning projects such as PROBA, MTG, EUCLID, ExoMars, ExoMars, Luna-Resource Lander and MetOp-SG. The company has an exciting opportunity for a business development manager, with flexible home working.
This job will suit:
* Business Development Manager / Sales Manager / Senior Sales Manager with connections in the Defence and space industry.
* A person with experience of technical sales is ideal, able to collaborate with engineering colleagues where technical input is needed.
* Working across a group of companies, tasked with developing new business relationships with prospects in a wide range of industries - need to have Business Development skills / experience.
* Flexible with travel, mostly across the UK and Europe 1 week of travel within every month - Full UK Driving license required.
* Professional degree in business development is required or business management or any other relevant degree with strong background in the business area specializing in space industry.
The job will involve:
* Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
* Actively bring in new business enquiries, liaising with the technical teams to win orders.
* Able to identify realistic opportunities within target sectors.
* Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
* Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
* Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
* Draw up client contracts - depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal.
* Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales