Nuclear Licensing And Safety Policy Manager
£55 - £75
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
NUCLEAR LICENSING AND SAFETY POLICY MANAGER
Based in Plymouth for a duration of initially 6 months.
Rate - £55.0 - £75.0/hr.
Do you have what it takes to create Western Europe's largest naval base into the dockyard of the future?
Devonport, in Plymouth, supports the Royal Navy's current surface ship and submarine fleets and they are getting ready to receive the next generation of naval platforms.
To support this, we are looking for a talented Nuclear Licensing and Safety Policy Manager, who is confident working on complex, high-value projects which will transform, sustain and improve Devonport to meet the demands of the Royal Navy for the next hundred years.
Purpose of Role
Nuclear Licensing and Safety Policy Manager is accountable to the Head of Safety for development of a compliant and consistent Nuclear Facility Licensing Plan and technical advice on nuclear safety assessment methods and policy.
* Development and management of Nuclear Facility Licensing / Authorisation Plans.
* Provision of technical advice on nuclear safety assessment methods and policy.
* Management of interfaces with DRDL Nuclease Safety Assurance process.
* Contribute to development of Nuclear Safety Processes & Standards.
* Manage ONR, DNSR & EA interface.
* Work with other Safety Managers, Chief Engineer function and Site Safety TA.
* Nuclear Safety Analysis Process Management
* Cat A Nuclear Safety Case Leadership
* Expert in development and UK nuclear safety policy and methods
* Nuclear Facility Licensing and/or Authorisation
* Substantive experience of interaction with Nuclear Regulators
* Transverse technical skills
* Team Player
* Management Skills
Chartered Engineer - registered with Engineering Council.
* Must be working in a similar role within a nuclear environment.
* The role will be in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involve working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. This may require you to meet enhanced security and regular screening checks.
For further information and a confidential chat, please get in touch - Stephen Slade 0161 924 3959