|Recruiter:||The Rank Group|
|Listed on:||12th February|
Provide the day to day support and governance of all IT project and programme delivery across Ranks digital and retail businesses. Technology underpins all areas of Rank and there is a significant portfolio of 100+ initiatives driving the growth of all business areas. Strong support and governance is critical to ensure the success and timely ROI of these initiatives.
The Head of PMO will implement robust ‘right-size' PMO processes working with Technology and Business teams to ensure adherence and improvement of project controls and delivery.
Responsible for establishing and running the Project Management Office with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a ‘best-practice' Project Delivery Approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Be fully responsible for the governance, control and reporting of all Rank IT project and programme deliveries.
• Ensure the effective use of software and systems to drive efficient delivery processes.
• Ensure cross-programme/project dependencies are surfaced and managed.
• Functional management of project managers and business analysts.
• Line Management of PMO analysts.
• Monitor and report on Benefits realisation.
• Be the champion and drive improvement in delivery across all Technology initiatives.
• Co-ordinate best practice and ensure lessons learned are logged and actively used to improve delivery.
• Ability to monitor and report on project budgets across the portfolio at stakeholder and sponsor levels.
• Implement and drive robust financial controls relating to programme & project delivery.
• Provide support to project planning, milestone management, scope management, resource forecasting and change management across the PMO.
• Support Ranks key objective to become a leading omni-channel business by delivering world class PMO support.
• Manage growth and direction of the PMO team oversee the employee engagement, attractiveness and overall retention of key competencies.
• Maintain clarity about values, visions, meaning, and purpose.
• Identify best practices for delivery throughout the organization and communicate/implement these practices on an enterprise level working with other business areas as required
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications
• Ownership of an organisation's Project Delivery Approach, its implementation and iteration.
• Experience of managing a PMO office and associated processes and reporting.
• Experienced and effective in the coaching, influencing and matrix management of delivery teams.
• Able to advise the Executive level of the business and help to provide PMO direction strategically organization wide.
• Dynamic leadership ability that can develop and energize multidiscipline, high performance work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes, and technology
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, employees, and senior management
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology.
• Excellent oral and written communication; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
• Strong business planning, analytical, and conceptual skills
• Continually looking for opportunities to improve project delivery through the Project Management Office.
• Recognised formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) is desirable.
• Degree qualified is desirable
• Cross functional relationship building is paramount. The Head of PMO must be able to successfully work with and influence individuals not directly under their control.
• Open-minded and ‘can-do' attitude which encourages innovation, embraces change and displays resilience against adversity.
• Participate fully as a team member in building an atmosphere of openness, honesty, respect, co-operation and fun.
• Visible, approachable, accountable and available.
• Inspire and empower other people by demonstrating trust, openly valuing their expertise and clearly stating your expectations.
• Values and personally demonstrates a culture that supports and encourages Diversity & Inclusion (individual)
• Demonstrates a Diverse and Inclusive Leadership style recognising team and stakeholders for their individuality (leader/manager)
How to Apply
Please apply by completing your talent profile with as much supporting information as possible so that you stand out. You can even attach a short video clip of yourself if you what to really show off your personality. Upload a photo and don't forget to attach your CV and include any other information (such as certificates, a cover letter, testimonials etc.) that you think may help.'