|Listed on:||11th February|
|Salary Notes:||(depending on your level of experience)|
|Contact Name:||Metro Bank|
Could you give us a masterclass on web application technologies? Are you the one always looking for ways to make things better? Do you want the opportunity to shape the future of the British Banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Web Developer, you will deliver new and enhanced digital features and products onto the Mobile and Retail internet banking platforms. You will play a huge part in making sure we can continue to provide amazing service to our customers, through a world class technology capability
So what would you be doing?...
• You will be able to design, develop, deploy and tune an N-Tier Enterprise web application based on open-source technologies
• Extensive experience of working on Java/J2EE web based projects and experience with application servers such as JBoss
• You will be great with web automation testing (Selenium) and SOAP UI Testing, as well as build and deploy tools like Jenkins using ANT/Maven
• SOA and Web Services (REST/SOAP) will be second nature to you and you will have worked with in an Agile environment
• It would be great if you have experience with Apache Camel and Integration Bus, however this is not essential
You need to be this kind of person...
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Working with colleagues across Metro Bank to deliver end-to-end Change, through discovery, design, build, test and deployment
• Developing a robust and flexible enterprise platform to develop the best digital experience that the banking industry has seen
• Designing reusable code that supports fast and dynamic growth
• Being a role model of our amazing behaviors and taking responsibility for making things even better and simpler for our customers
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet... why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
Closing Date: 03-Mar-2019