|Listed on:||6th February|
|Salary/Rate:||£70,000 - £70,000|
|Contact Name:||Joe Urwin|
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £70,000.00 plus excellent benefits
About the role
Here at Babcock, we are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager on a permanent, full time basis.
You will be responsible for managing the material and service requires across the Emergency Services side of the ES&T business unit. The role will be responsible for ensuring the operational requirements of the business are met, establishing contracts with key suppliers, ensuring delivery performance is achieved, working with the functional leadership to support the transformation activity currently underway. The role will be hands on and require the successful candidate to get involved in day to day activities whilst also helping to establish the function within the business. The role will engage with a variety of stakeholders across the business, from senior leadership, contract/project management and operational teams such as warehousing and logistics.
The role is project facing and will provide the functional expertise required to ensure operational delivery requirements are met. The role will support the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain to design, develop and implement strategies that meet the needs of the business. The role will be responsible for unlocking value opportunities with suppliers and delivering to the bottom line.
The role will initially be focused on ensuring the needs of the LFB fleet (including asset replacement activity) and MPS fleet contract are fully supported. Over time the role will take responsibility for other contracts and be involved in new business activity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a business that is delivering functional services in support of front line activities to both Police and Fire services.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have extensive experience within a relevant role and be highly commercial, with a proven ability to use procurement to unlock value for the business. You will need to have CIPS preferred, degree or vocational experience and a full driving licence.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Developed and delivered procurement and supply chain strategies.
* Experience in sourcing and contracting
* Expert in exploiting pan-Sector/Group category management opportunities to create value.
* Successfully managed teams within a matrix organisation to achieve objectives.
* Accountable to contract management for all P&SC requirements
* Achieving 80%+ contract coverage for all BAU requirements - establishing framework agreements with selected suppliers
* Measuring and driving supply base performance
* Develop strategic supplier relationships that drive contract performance and support business growth aspirations
* Leading P&SC activity on all asset replacement activity
* Minimising working capital material requirements through effective contracting and controls of inventory
* Providing input to monthly program management reports
* Providing internal expertise for assigned bids ensuring the functional is correctly populated and included
* Ensure adherence to compliant procurement process and specifically OJEU compliance where applicable as well as alignment with Sector/ Group strategies
* Building strong operational relationships between procurement and wider business and Sector/ Group
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.