Data Engineer / Data Scientist
£65000 - £75000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
(Data Engineer,Data Architect,Data Analyst,Data Scientist,SQL,Big Data,Cloud,AWS,Azure,Java,Python) My client is seeking a Data Engineer/ Scientist. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a global company with a huge amount of high quality data, using cutting edge technology.
As a member of our diverse London team of data and research scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our global network of like-minded colleagues.
* Collaborate with the Data Science & Engineering teams to share best practice
* Provide expertise on development of data models and data wranglers
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
* Manage internal stakeholders to obtain access and meet requirements for data security.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS, GCP, Azure and open source technologies.
* Build analytics tools that monitor the data pipelines to ensure resiliency and cost efficiency.
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to easily access, experiment and productionise our innovation and research projects.
Qualifications & Experience Required
* Bachelor degree required in Computer Science, Technology, or similar field.
* 3 - 5 years' of work experience that includes working with NoSQL systems.
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
* Experience creating data profiling, cleansing and data management services
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
* Strong project management and organizational skills.
* Interest in Machine Learning & Analytics Operations
Desirable Technical Requirements
* Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including DynamoDB, Redis, Postgres, Neo4J and Cassandra.
* Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena
* Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Go C++, Scala, Gremlin etc
* Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop.
* Experience/working with ETL patterns and tools.
This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. The client does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply online or for more information please contact:
Luke Passmore - 0117 9309703