£40000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Security Engineer - SC Cleared - Milton Keynes - up to £45k + Benefits & training/Qualifications, ISO27001, IDS, Firewalls, SIEM, TCP/IP packet tracing etc
Working for a leading Global organisation we are seeking and aspiring Security Engineer to join a newly formed team within my clients Milton Keynes based office. Working as a key player alongside the Information Security Manager, you will support the business in providing hands on technical assistance and guidance in relation to Information Security related technologies including firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, and Vulnerability assessment tools.
You will provide guidance alongside the operations team to ensure new IT implementations are secure by design and assess existing systems for venerability's and threat mitigation. One of the key projects you will be working on this year will be to help the company achieve ISO:27001 certification.
There is an opportunity that the successful candidate will also be able to work towards CISSP certified status If appointed.
To be successful in your application you will likely have come from a technical Security background and be wanting to move into a more Information Security focus. We are flexible in the experience we require but a clear understanding of the below will benefit
* Holds valid Security Clearance (SC clearance)
* Extensive experience of working in IT, if you have information security experience that would be ideal, otherwise a strong background or server and system support is essential
* Solid understanding of ISO 27001/27002, CE+ or equivalent as well as CEH, CISSP, Security+, GIAC or equivalent information security industry certifications
* Strong knowledge of information security concepts and key principles, technical security tools, endpoint tools, AV, etc. and strong knowledge of firewalls, IDS, SIEM, vulnerability assessment and other tools
* Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Operating Systems and key application suites Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, routing/switching, DNS, NAT, packet tracing and other networking technologies and concepts
* Positive and self-motivated with the ability to work under own initiative
* Excellent stakeholder and relationship building experience - you will work with our customers, partners, business units, suppliers and internal teams to interpret information security policies, standards, contracts and assist with the implementation of these to the required specification.
If you would like a job with clear career progression, opportunity to become CISSP certified, received on the job training and become an expert in information security then please apply now for immediate consideration.