|Listed on:||4th February|
Installation & Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual who wants to join our fast developing International organisation as an Installation & Support Engineer.
So, who are we, what do we do, who are we looking for and what do we have to offer?
Based in Cardiff, we are the UK market leader within our industry. We also have international operations and offices in France, UAE, Qatar and Australia. This opportunity will suit someone looking for the next step in their career, and will join our team in building and supporting the Company's growing fleet of Emergency Command Technologies throughout the UK and overseas.
We love to innovate and are proud of our position as the leading technology provider of satellite and wireless solutions.
- Installation and configuration of data, video and voice equipment
- Providing telephone and on-site support to our customers nationally and internationally
- Providing on-call cover for evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays on a rota basis
- Logging, updating and tracking support calls held within the Support database
- Providing training to customers as and when required
- Become familiar with new products to integrate smoothly into Support portfolio
- Job reporting and documentation on completion of all site visit work
- Complete all paperwork to the required standards and submit by stated deadlines
- Can run and terminate network, data and video cabling to a high standard
Think CCTV Installer or Telecoms Engineer
- Can troubleshoot and fault find issues over the telephone and on-site, in a customer environment
Think Computer Engineer, Field Support Engineer or Break-Fix Engineer
- Can competently install, configure and maintain a basic computer network
Experience working with CAT-5, CAT-6, TCP/IP
- Has an excellent working knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems
Experience working with PC's and Windows 7, Windows 10, maybe even Linux
- Has a fundamental understanding of electronic equipment
Understand the difference between 12VDC and 230AC, how to wire a plug or install a home AV solution
- Is willing to travel nationally and internationally, sometimes at short notice
- Nationally: Often overnight, for one or more nights (up to 80% per week)
- Internationally: EMEA - Up to 1 month // Global: Up to 3 months (per year)
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Is highly motivated, well organized and able to act under own initiative
- Is a flexible team player with a customer focused "can-do” attitude
- Holds a full, clean UK Driving License
- VSAT experience
- VOIP / SIP experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an electronics or IT related discipline
We offer an excellent working environment with a highly skilled and motivated team, along with a competitive salary, pool van, pension and 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
To apply, please forward your CV along with your salary expectations.