Job in a nutshell:
We are in the process of expanding our core platform team to build out our award-winning web and investment management platform.
This project will maintain Nutmeg’s ability to be a leader in the FinTech sector when it comes to the way we build technology. We want Engineers who are as excited as we are about being in a team that pushes boundaries and continues to be the rule breaker of the FinTech sector.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for looking after the heart of what makes Nutmeg the company it is. You’ll be heavily involved with all our technical infrastructure, from designing, monitoring and metrics through to building infrastructure and CI/CD tools. The team have also started the exciting migration to Kubernetes, and you will have a big part in helping this transition away from Mesos/Marathon.
Our team run a cutting-edge AWS-based environment and want to stay at the forefront of technical innovation. We need people who are passionate about technology, who understand that testing and quality is the responsibility of the entire tech team and are equipped to take the lead and display their super powers by writing brilliant code and simply getting stuff done at a fast pace.
We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters and who can work well as part of a larger team and who can build enthusiasm and empower the team with their ideas, making sure their goals work for everyone (not just focusing on current or short-term goals).
What are we looking for?
• Proven experience of building and managing continual automation / deployment / delivery environments.
• Experience running infrastructure on cloud platforms, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals.
• Excellent systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed/microservice environments.
• Strong coding skills - especially in Go and Python.
• Security focused - understanding of best practices and implementation.
• Somebody who has a passion for modern scalable technology like AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, Prometheus, Terraform, Docker, Kong, Linkerd, and Mesos.
• A willingness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies.
• A passion for metrics and data-driven decision making.
Inside the Nutmeg shell
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs - awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?