Gateway & Network Security Specialist
up to £75k + excellent benefits
Are you a gateway or network security engineer looking to move away from hands on work ? Would you like a more strategic role where you can use your skills and experience to influence security policy for a global organisation ?
My client is looking for a Gateway and Network Security specialist to join their growing Cyber Security Defence team.
As the Gateway & Network Security Specialist you will be responsible for managing the Bluecoat and email gateway estate, as well as overseeing firewall configuration for the organisation, and piloting and managing the CASB implementation.
Due to an ongoing IT Security Transformation programme, this role is likely to include a lot of project activity
In full your responsibilities will include:
• Oversight and management of network security technologies including email gateways, proxies, WAFs and Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)
• Provide oversight of network technologies such as Symantec .Cloud, Bluecoat SG and AlgoSec
• Developing Network security standards and policy
• Identify upcoming network security threats and working on the Network Security strategy
• Be an integral part of Security Incident response - both planning and supporting
• Manage relationships with third party providers of network security services
• Be the subject matter expert for matters network security related in your particular specialism
This FTSE 100 company is a household name with a Global presence and extremely strong brand. They are currently undergoing a very large IT Security investment programme and implementing cutting edge IT Security technologies.
The Cyber Security team is currently expanding by hiring some of the top talent in the industry making this an exciting time to join and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
• Excellent benefits scheme, pension and bonus
• Flexible working environment, including opportunity for working from home
• Excellent opportunities working for an industry leading CISO
• Friendly growing Cyber Security team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would be ideal for candidates with the following experience:
• An expert in Network Security controls and technologies - e.g.Firewalls / IDS / DLP / Web Filtering / email gateways / WAFs
• An expert in Networks and networking i.e. TCP/IP, Cisco, routers and switches
• Knowledge of firewall governance technologies - i.e. AlgoSec
• Knowledge of proxy technologies - i.e. Bluecoat
• Knowledge of web application firewalls - i.e. Imperva WAF
• Understanding of SIEM integration and use cases
• Passionate about IT Security