IT Security Manager - Penetration Testing
up to £75k + excellent benefits
This is an ideal first step into management - My client is looking for an IT Security Manager - Penetration Testing to oversee their penetration testing capability.
You should be very talented within IT Security, with a broad knowledge of IT Security technologies, in particular the security of IT Infrastructures and Applications. In addition you should have very strong organisational skills, and be able to deal with the challenges and changing priorities of scheduling a rolling penetration testing programme.
In this role you will be a key player in the overall Cyber Security protection of this global company. You will be responsible for scoping the infrastructures and applications that require regular testing, engaging with 3rd party penetrating testing firms to schedule tests, overseeing the testers when they are on site, and interpreting the outputs of those tests. This will be an excellent opportunity to build on your technical skills and knowledge, whilst also gaining valuable management experience in the penetration testing space.
• Developing the current penetration testing service into a first class capability
• Maintaining a central view of all pentesting activity and outcomes
• Providing technical expertise and supporting colleagues with scoping tests and interpreting results
• Ensuring that penetration testing suppliers provide good value for money, deliver work to an appropriate quality, and provide appropriate coverage of skills
• Developing central pen test standards, methodologies, and guidance
This FTSE 100 company is a household name with a Global presence and extremely strong brand. They are currently undergoing a very large IT Security investment programme and implementing cutting edge IT Security technologies.
The Cyber Security team is currently expanding by hiring some of the top talent in the industry making this an exciting time to join and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
• Excellent benefits scheme
• 14% employer contribution to pension
• Financial Services industry bonus scheme
• Flexible working environment, including opportunity for working from home one day a week
• Friendly growing Cyber Security team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Understanding of penetration tests at a high level (i.e. different types of tests, high level testing process etc)
• Broad and deep knowledge of IT Security technologies and risks
• Excellent organisational skills, potentially gained from project management or delivering IT Security Services
• Experience in managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical communication
• Experience with delivering and managing penetration tests a plus