Desktop Engineer - Windows & VMWare
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£300 - £325
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Desktop Engineer - Windows & VMware
11 Month contract initially
£300 - £325 pay per day
***ROLE OUTSIDE IR35***
We have an excellent opportunity with a world leading organisation, a true leader in their field. We are looking for a Security Cleared Desktop Engineer - Windows & VMware, to join the team on a long term programme of work.
Windows (AD/DNS/DHCP), VMware Administration, VMware, patch management, image management with
practical experience in troubleshooting issues of Windows OS and various services running on Windows OS.
Any additional knowledge in Messaging & Citrix platforms is preferred.
Key Skills & Experience:
* Significant expertise in Windows Server Administration in a multi-tenant environment.
* In-depth working knowledge on managing Windows Operating Systems (Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012 server) on Physical and Virtual infrastructure.
* In-depth working knowledge with respect to identification , troubleshooting and resolution of Citrix, VMware,& Windows Operating System issues.
* Quantifiable extensive hands-on experience in identification, troubleshooting and resolution of various services running on Windows Operating system.
* Significant quantifiable experience in proactive monitoring, performance management and tuning on Windows/Citrix based platform.
* In-depth knowledge on monitoring and managing VCenter console, ESX Farms and datastores.
* Significant quantifiable knowledge on Antivirus Management.
* Quantifiable extensive knowledge on Patch management.
* Significant quantifiable experience in networking as related to operating systems.
* Quantifiable knowledge on Active Directory & Messaging.
* Significant quantifiable knowledge on ITIL standard processes.
Continued operational support coverage made available from 7:00am to 8:00pm (Mon-Fri) via the following two shift basis weekly pattern on a one week about resource rotated basis;
o Shift 1 - 8:00am to 4:30pm (inclusive of 30 minute unpaid lunch break);
o Shift 2 - 11:30am to 8pm (inclusive of 30 minute unpaid lunch break);
o (OR) General shift working from 9:30am to 6pm (inclusive of 30 minute unpaid lunch break).
This is an excellent opportunity to work a great client on a long term programme of work, in a collaborative environment.
Apply now for your CV to reach me directly and we will respond as soon as possible.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.