IT Security Engineer
Nigel Frank International
£40000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Up to £60,000
About The Role:
Reporting Directly to the head of Technical Delivery, the purpose of this role is to provide support, knowledge and expertise from a technical information security perspective to ensure information security policies, procedures and standards are correctly implemented at a technical level.
· Ensure Compliance with relevant legislation and polices such as GDPR and date retention.
· Facilitate the technical mitigation of cyber security risks through; Designing and developing security controls, Working with the wider IT team, auditing the work of other technical teams.
· Contribute to the development of technical security policies.
· Monitor network appliances utilising available technologies.
· Facilitate remedial action in the event of an information security attack, incident or breach assuming a prominent role.
· Providing technical support to internal and external penetration testing, vulnerability scanning and website ASV scanning activities.
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Have an infrastructure background
· Fast learner, able to gain new experience quickly and to apply previous experience where necessary.
· Numerate and literate.
· Ability to work alone, with others as part of a team and with suppliers and external 3rd parties.
Tools of the trade:
· Educated to at least A-level (or equivalent) standard, or vocational industry qualifications. - essential
· Experience of Microsoft products - Windows, Office, Outlook - essential
· Experience of working within the scope of at least one legislative or regulatory instrument impacting the Information Security landscape. - essential
· Experience with Cisco ASA/Meraki
To discuss this and other exciting Information Security opportunities in more detail please send your CV to:
E-Mail - C.Hammond@nigelfrank.com Phone - Connor Hammond on 0191 243 5454