Training Delivery Support (South West)
£27,500 - £27,500
Training Delivery Support (IT/PM - South West)
Raleigh, Torpoint, Cornwall
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit Training Delivery Support to join the team in delivering high quality training support tasks in line with Company standards and contractual requirements. You will manage the introduction, through-life support and surrender/disposal activity of Training Equipment (TE) on behalf of the authority.
FOAP (T) operates within an era of severe budgetary pressure for the MoD; as such all employees are required to:
* Continually improve the way they contribute to the business
* Ensure that they are best equipped to support future change
* Ensure that they work in an effective collaborative manner with MoD staff, displaying the appropriate behaviours at all times
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an organisation recognised for their outstanding training performance. As a maritime trainer of choice Babcock has been delivering world-class support for two decades to the Royal Navy and commercial customers both in the UK and Internationally. This role offers an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology within the military environment and train the next generation through their service career.
* Accountable to FOAP(T) Senior Project Manager (SPM) for managing delivery of training projects as prioritised by SPM.
* Support the FOAP(T) IS Manager on projects and service requests.
* Engage with key stakeholders in order to facilitate the delivery of specific training projects
* Undertake planning and coordination activities for training projects ensuring 3rd party contractors and Equipment Sponsors are involved
* Provide IS support (1st and 2nd Line) to ensure calls are managed in line with agreed SLA/ KPI
* Assist in the validation of the through life support arrangements for training equipment
* Coordinate the disposal of redundant TE iaw MoD procedures, ensuring legislative requirements are observed
* Coordinate the TE trials and acceptance process
* Ensure all IT works conform to the appropriate Authority and Babcock standards
* Document solutions to problems regarding IT Hardware/Software and configuration and record them appropriately
* Manage and Deliver Hardware/Software deployment as required
* Assist in the Build PC, Server and Mobile Systems in line with contract and customer requirement
* Manage all works through the TABS FM System
* Ensure the appropriate installation, maintenance and disposal of IS Equipment
* Engage as required with contractors and suppliers of IS equipment
* Provide IT support services for all supported contracts ensuring all services are delivered to contract requirements
Technical Experience and Qualifications
* Previous experience of Project Management and managing change
* Either Prince2 Practitioner or APMP qualified
* Previous experience of fault finding, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining IT Systems
* A clear understanding of the Accreditation and SCIDA processes
* Qualified academically or vocationally in relevant IT subject matter
* MCSA Server 2008 & Windows 7 and or 10
* Must possess (or be able to obtain) SC level security clearance
* Experience and knowledge of and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with their responsibilities
* IOSH Level 3 Managing Safely
* Experience of applying engineering principles practically in a military technical environment
* Qualified academically or vocationally to a minimum of ONC or equivalent in relevant subject matter
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members, clients and superiors at all levels and in all areas of management
* Full UK Driving License
* Experience of Project and Risk Analysis and Management techniques
* Financial Services experience
* ITIL Foundation
* Previous experience of mobile solution deployment in a business environment
* Experience of deploying and maintaining bespoke IS products
Applies maintenance skills to the training environment - has working experience of technical maintenance requirements (electrical, mechanical and/or relevant training equipment); engaging as necessary with OEM/provider to remain current with new technology and equipment
* Observes and complies with safe working procedures and the Health and Safety at Work Act - has demonstrable experience and understanding of regulatory requirements and commitment to compliance
* Demonstrates a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.