PHP Developer (SC Cleared)
£350 - £440
PHP Developer, PHP Development, PHP Engineer, PHP Lead, PHP Consultant, Laravel, Laravel Developer, Backend Developer, Backend Engineer, MailChimp, PHP5, PHP7, OO PHP, MVC, TDD, Bootstrap, SASS, Gulp, Webpack, Frontend, AWS SES, Government, Public Sector, Cloud, AWS, SC Cleared, SC Clearance, Security Clearance, Security Cleared
PHP Developer (SC Cleared), London, 4+ Months, Outside IR35
The developer will build the new Media Monitoring Unit content management and delivery system. It will allow writers to compose and save briefings, then display a feed a media briefings to Government communicators who sign up. It will also deliver briefings by email based on their subscription.
You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team, mainly developers. You will work directly the Media Monitoring Unit CMS Product Manager and the Media Monitoring Unit transformation manager.
The developer will build the new Media Monitoring Unit content management and delivery system (using Laravel, PHP). It should allow writers to compose and save content on the system. It should display a feed of media briefings, updates and guides accessible by Government communicators, after they register an account. It will deliver them to users by email based on their subscription (using MailChimp API). Content produced by writers will also be accessible by an API or a feed.
Key Skills / Experience
* Minimum 4 years in a professional web development role.
* Strong working knowledge of PHP5/PHP7 and OO PHP development.
* At least 2 years of strong working knowledge of Laravel, including solid understanding of MVC and TDD.
* Frontend UI development with Bootstrap, SASS and Gulp/Webpack.
* Ability to present and communicate technical solutions to a technical and non-technical audience.
* Experience of working with third-party APIs, including MailChimp/AWS SES.
* Experience developing APIs and feeds
* Ability to take ownership of the entire development lifecycle, i.e. development and testing through to deployment.
* Experience working in government
* 2 years experience of working in cloud based infrastructure using AWS.