Security Penetration Tester
Ministry of Justice
These are exciting times at MOJ Digital and Technology. We have a clear vision - to develop a digitally-enabled justice system that works more simply for users - and we’re looking for talented people to help us achieve it.
This role is part of a small team of security operations engineers who provide independent security testing of the Ministry of Justice’s products and services.
You will have good penetration testing skills relevant to red team activities, such as:
- Social engineering
- Open source intelligence analysis and assessments
- Infrastructure penetration testing
- Web application penetration testing
- Mobile application penetration testing
- strong knowledge of the security of Windows and Linux operating systems, networking and related technologies, including how they are deployed at-scale in complex legacy environments.
- Experience with common security tools, including Nmap, Metasploit, Kali Linux, Nessus, Burp Suite Pro etc, for offensive security testing of real-world networks and services.
- Enabling and informing risk based decisions - Works with risk advisors to advise and give feedback. Advise on risk impact. Propose realistic and pragmatic mitigations that address these problems, and work with the product / project team to implement these effectively into their work.
To find out more visit our careers page by clicking the APPLY button.