|Listed on:||30th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£65,000 - £75,000|
|Salary Notes:||Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Engineering Manager
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + Extensive Benefits Package including Car Allowance
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for an experienced Software Engineering Manager based at our Aldershot office. The Software Engineering Manager sits within our Software Engineering Team.
The purpose of the Software Engineering Manager will be -
Line management of the team of Developers and Testers in Aldershot. The main focus includes defining and enforcing best Development and Test practices for the team and ensuring the team are as Agile as possible in their methods of working. There may also be some team members not in the UK so would require some offshore management capabilities.
We'd like to meet a Software Engineering Manager with -
- Extensive experience of managing teams effectively. Career management of a team of 15+ setting objectives, career progression and training.
- Experience in Agile, planning and defining process and policy process procedure.
- Experience of working in a matrix managed environment.
The Software Engineering Manager's Responsibilities & Accountabilities include -
- Leadership of SSP Engineering staff with particular emphasis of driving and maintaining an agile culture (and acting as an Agile coach for delivery teams).
- Driving continued improvement of SSP's delivery practices with a particular emphasis on the key non-functional requirements of the solutions.
- Introduction and continuous improvement of best practice tooling, and reporting.
- Line and career management of SSP engineers - developers and testers.
- Recruitment and retention of the team and Engineers.
What's in it for you?
- A unique, modern working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Software Engineering Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Software Engineering Manager, Development Manager, Software Development Manager, Agile Development Manager, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Developer, IT.