Enterprise Architect - Manchester / Remote
£55000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Position: Enterprise Architect
Location: Manchester / Remote
Salary: £55000 - £65000
Job type: Permanent
We want people who will throw their heart and soul into helping the company realise its ambitious growth plans for the benefits of every employee. In the last year, we have promoted three employees (out of 6) within 5 months of starting with us. The potential for the right candidates is huge. We are a small business with ambitious growth plans - whilst we are working hard to get better at process consistency and standardisation, actual delivery will always come first, so sometimes life is bumpier than we would like - we want people who accept this and will help us change for the better.
You will be expected to communicate by diagram, narrative, and verbal presentation technology solutions, roadmaps and services set within a service management and/or business context.
You will show how our technical designs enable business outcomes and sit within an overall strategic direction and roadmap for change.
- Knowledge of Azure technologies.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Servers, Storage, Email, and Identity Management.
- Ability to represent technological solutions in diagrams that are immediately understandable to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 2 x Microsoft Azure 100 level certifications and 1 x 300 level
- Microsoft Azure 300 level certification or a certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Experience architecting IaaS and PaaS on Azure and Hybrid Experience supporting overseeing a successful cloud migration/deployment for a medium-sized organisation/business critical service.
- Some deeper knowledge of a specialist area
- Able to supervise people.
- Specialist in a specific service area, for instance, integration, data architecture, security, networks, end-user device management, IAM, or BI/data analysis/ dev.
- Evidence of active blogging / social media/events with positive response/ following Significant experience in implementing cloud / hybrid cloud services in their area(s) of specialism.
- Enterprise Architecture certification, e.g. TOGAF
- Ability to set technical design and service design within the context of the business
- Ability to represent strategic principles and concepts diagrammatically and as a narrative to a non-technical audience
- Able to draw on experience and knowledge to provide advice to clients that enables them to avoid pitfalls and issues they are likely to face during implementation of technology solutions
- Option of home-based contract or office based contract, by negotiation
- 25 days holiday per year, public holidays are on top of this.
- Flexible working structure - Output based, not location or time based.
- Workplace pension scheme, upon successful completion of probationary period.
- Cycle to work scheme
- 2 charity days per year.
- £1500 annual training allowance.
- Invitation to attend monthly social events followed by a meal (bowling, climbing, ghost walk) staff BBQ, Christmas lunch - all of which currently are fully funded by the company
- Free fresh fruit and refreshments (hot and cold) provided in the office; and free beer or gin and tonic to accompany our monthly Beer n Business update, before we head out on the monthly social
- Option for these roles to be home-based, which means travel to the office for "mandatory events" and visits to customer sites are fully expensed.
- 10+ years experience
- Experience of working with a broad range of technologies can demonstrate that they have been trained in at least one architecture methodology and can show use of that architecture methodology as well as good written and
verbal communication skills, who can articulate complex concepts and solutions.
- Proven ability to understand complex infrastructure environments, see solutions and present high-level solution concepts, resources and costs in both on-prem and cloud IT infrastructure.
- Broad technical understanding of storage, servers, networks (WAN & LAN), backup technologies, desktop, security technologies, operating systems, virtualisation and applications covering Microsoft technologies. An
understanding of cloud technologies including Azure and AWS is desirable.
- Indicative Minimum years experience in leading projects from an architecture perspective and following a process that leads to the customers desired outcome in both on-prem and cloud IT infrastructure:
For further details please call 0203 371 7671