Data & Analytics Manager - Midlands
PwC Recruitment Team
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About Our Team and Role
PwC’s strength is our ability to work with our clients on the key issues that impact their business and utilise industry leading data analysis techniques and approaches as part of excellence in client delivery. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Data & Analytics Assurance team. People with the right blend of hands-on data experience, an eye for innovation to help us build client offerings and an understanding of the markets in which we work. PwC work with some of the largest UK and international organisations. These organisations are collecting and using more data than ever before to drive their business, serve their customers and to meet expected standards and regulatory requirements. As data becomes more integral to the operations and management of businesses, the businesses and environments in which they operate are becoming more complex. This introduces new and ongoing challenges that organisations need to face in order to understand and make effective and efficient use of the data that they hold. It is essential that we are equipped to help our clients face these challenges and take advantage of the opportunities that new techniques and technologies present.
Our DAA team work with clients to deliver crucial insight through data analytics, advanced modelling and data visualisation. We also help our clients to establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. We often assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and can be trusted. What makes us different is our ability to combine data analytics and assurance with our other offerings across the firm, enabling us to provide truly innovative services and solutions to our clients. The use of data is becoming more and more important to our clients. To meet this growing demand, we are significantly investing in our practice to offer a wide range of data-related services, from data governance and data quality, through to strategy development, visualisation and advanced modelling and analytics.
Our DAA team in the Midlands is one of the largest DAA teams and supports a range of businesses across the Midlands. Our client base varies hugely from entrepreneurial clients, to mid-sized organisations and international corporates across all industry sectors.
Your Main Responsibilities
· Managing projects including project delivery, budget and risk
· Actively contributing on client-facing project work, being self-starting and motivated to produce the required high standard of deliverables
· Developing and owning PwC propositions and delivery methodologies
· Building and maintaining relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with clients
· Supporting sales through work on bids, proposal responses and developing opportunities
In order to be successful you will ideally need to show ability in the following areas but if you believe you are particularly strong in any one of these and feel you want to learn some of the others we would also like to hear from you
· Understanding how clients can exploit data and analytics to solve business problems
· Understanding of key industry trends in data and analytics
· Understanding relevant data related regulation (e.g. GDPR, the data aspects of utility or financial services regulation)
· Experience in using data analytics and visualisation products such as D3, Power BI, Qlikview, Tableau
· Experience in multiple tools/language/frameworks within Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, MongoDB, Neo4j, Hbase, Cassandra)
· Understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Platforms (e.g. Azure / IBM / Google)
· Advanced data analytics, building models in Python, R, SAS programming languages and libraries
· Strong SQL and data manipulation skills
· Data quality and data cleansing techniques
· Understanding and experience of the principles of data governance
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity