Systems Engineer - Service Desk
£24000 - £27000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is a trusted global provider of hybrid cloud solutions, software and consultancy within IT, geoscience and data management for the oil and gas industry - located in Stavanger, Oslo, London, Aberdeen, Dubai, Houston and Calgary. Their vision is Beyond Technology and since the beginning, they have combined technology with human inventiveness.
As the first point of contact, the ServiceDesk Systems Engineer's primary role is to answer incoming calls, manage & maintain all tickets in their Service Management tool, and provide first/second line technical support to all external customers. You will take ownership of and manage all incidents & requests, managing the process through to successful completion, whilst ensuring a consistently high level of customer service.
Work tasks include:
- Provide technical support and advice to all external customers so that operational problems and queries are diagnosed and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Manage service requests, incident and problem tickets through the Service Management System.
- Maintain ServiceDesk mailboxes and ensure that everything is dealt with in line with ITIL Processes.
- Maintain the rapport with customers by displaying a detailed understanding of their support requirements.
- Escalate potential service issues or outages to minimise the impact on the customer.
- Utilise proactive management tools for monitoring infrastructure status to ensure maximum device and service availability.
- Monitor and maintain scheduled backups for customer sites, across a few different solutions; primarily Symantec Backup Exec, Datto Backup, and Veaam.
- Liaise with external service providers to resolve incidents and complete service requests.
- Maintain knowledge of client environments, operating systems, standard applications, and computer hardware solutions.
- Participate in out of hours standby rota as part of the 24 hour service requirement.
- Service-oriented & committed
- Ability to deliver a high level of quality and customer experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Engaged, creative, determined and responsible
- A team player who contributes to knowledge transfer & competence development
- An automation & standardisation mindset
- Curious & fast learner, particularly with regards to new technologies
- Good written, oral & interpersonal communication skills
Other beneficial qualifications:
- Good understanding of ITIL v3 & qualified at foundation level desirable
- Knowledge of ServiceDesk operations & ServiceNow (ITSM tool)
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- At least 2 years' experience in IT service operational environment desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies & other Cloud services
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of desktop hardware and software
- Knowledge of backup products such as Symantec, Backup EXEC, Datto, Veaam, etc.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices