|Listed on:||28th January|
|Contact Name:||Carbon Trust|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to join our London office.
The successful candidate will work in developing proposals for projects that will deliver high quality, high impact advice to our clients. We are particularly interested to hear from individuals with knowledge and experience in the energy and utility sectors.
The Carbon Trust's mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust's Programmes and Innovation team provides cutting edge advice to governments, policy-makers, institutions and corporates around the world, helping them to make the transition to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We work primarily with decision makers and implementers in key bodies in the UK and emerging economies to help them tackle their low carbon policy and technology innovation issues. We work with corporates, primarily to help them bring low carbon technologies to market quicker, cheaper and at greater scale.
Having delivered a number of high impact projects, the Carbon Trust is recognised as a thought leader in the development of the future energy system. Due to increased activity, we are recruiting an Analyst to support the development of energy system-related business development, project delivery, modelling, analysis and thought leadership. We expect the key focuses to include power sector development including flexibility market development and understanding of evolving business models.
The Analyst role will include the following responsibilities:
• Conducting primary and secondary data collection (e.g. through interviews, surveys and desk-based research)
• Developing and applying frameworks for analysis and problem-solving
• Executing tasks on projects, such as market analysis, business and financial analysis, and data modelling
• Communicating findings orally and in writing (e.g. writing reports or producing PowerPoint slides)
• Contributing to business development and institution-building efforts where required (e.g. knowledge development, marketing and sales)
• Keeping abreast of the latest technology and market developments and translating these into actionable insights for a variety of clients
We are looking for:
• Degree educated in a technical, engineering or numerate discipline e.g. economics, finance, statistics
• Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as commercial common sense
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive relationships and influence decision-making
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment
• Ability to think and work independently, taking the initiative and ‘ownership' of tasks, having strong organisational and time management skills
• Strong proficiency in MS Office suite of tools. Experienced graduates will, in particular, be expected to have proven ability to use MS Excel for complex problem solving and analysis
• Experience in using MS PowerPoint and Word for communication and report writing
• Experience in database and statistical packages is an advantage
• Experience in utility or energy sector analysis is an advantage
• Experience in business or market analysis, ideally with a consultancy or in a consultant-type role
• Understanding of the major activities in the energy sector focussed on the move to a smarter and flexible energy system
• Understanding of current UK electricity policies, market arrangement and regulatory frameworks and how these may evolve
• Fluent in English and any knowledge of other languages regularly used will be a benefit
Salary & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries for our roles and a performance-based bonus. Hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, a pension scheme and an opportunity to join our employee partnership scheme.
Our office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, and we offer gym membership either on-site or subsidised, travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button.
Closing date: 10 February 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.