Major Incident Manager (SC Cleared)
£400 - £430
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Major Incident Manager - 24/7
3 Months (Plus Extensions)
The successful candidate will hold or be willing to undergo SC Clearance
The Incident Manager will run the incident management processes to undertake service restoration of major incidents occurring within the client. They will drive the process to ensure that service is restored as quickly as possible, minimising the adverse impact on business operations, and ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained. They will be responsible for assessing situations, making appropriate interventions, directing and facilitating resolution activity. Ensuring appropriate escalation, at their discretion during an incident, within Service Delivery, resolution teams and service management.
Duties may include, but will not be limited to:
* Manage high priority incidents through engagement with Delivery Groups and suppliers to ensure quick resolution to minimise the impact on customers & service, being accountable for the investigation, diagnosis and resolution.
* Ensure that progress on high priority incidents is continually assessed, making appropriate interventions, directing and facilitating resolution activity. Ensuring appropriate escalation within Service Delivery, resolution teams and service management at their discretion during an incident
* Manage and communicate critical IT incidents to nominated business managers, users and senior stakeholders using the excellent working relationships built and maintained across HMRC;
* Manage escalations and complaints by driving Delivery Groups and suppliers to resolve incidents and underlying problems to improve the IT services they provide, and maintain a central view of these issues;
* Provide briefings and reports on operational IT issues impacting on key business processes.
* Collaborate with other Service Management teams to ensure that events, alerts and changes are defined & understood to enable faster response to incidents.
* Work as part of the Incident Management team to ensure that the performance of the team achieves the defined performance targets and KPIs
* Ensure that Service Delivery teams meet SLAs; fostering open communications and ensuring the relationship is professional and properly regulated
* Quickly understand customer issues from an IT perspective, draw logical conclusions, make sensible suggestions that meet both HMRC's strategic direction and customers' needs and negotiate with suppliers to facilitate change.
The Major Incident Manager will work as part of the 24x7 Customer Experience Operations Command Centre (CE-OCC). The role of this team is to provide professional 24x7 Major Incident and Service Level management across all business platforms & 3rd party suppliers. The candidate will be expected to have deep knowledge of delivering IT services with-in the ITIL v3 framework and have previous experience working in an Incident management role.
* Qualification in ITIL V3
* Has an excellent understanding of service management within a diverse/large organisation and relevant experience in IT Operational Management
* Experience managing major incidents with demonstrable understanding of both business and service impact in a large organisation
* Demonstrate effective stakeholder engagement across a globally-distributed organisation and hierarchy across differing time-zones and geographical boundaries
* Experience of influencing skills in driving compliance and application of standards across a diverse, multi-sourced supplier landscape across a large IT function
* Track record of delivering customer satisfaction
* Good collaboration skills as a member of a large leadership team
* Proven commitment to IT Service Management best practices, especially Problem Management and Incident Management
* Able to communicate effectively (written and spoken)
This post is full time and will form part of a team that provides 24/7 cover on a shift basis, which covers a mix of both days and nights
Essential Qualifications: ITIL foundation and ITIL Service Operations.
The required security level is SC cleared. The candidate will already hold this or successfully complete the security clearance process.