About the role
As a Sharepoint Developer you will be a key member of our consulting team, you will have the opportunity to design and develop customer solutions using cutting-edge Microsoft technologies.
• Proven experience of Microsoft SharePoint (preferably including SharePoint 2016 / SharePoint Online / Office 365; SharePoint 2013 a minimum) Understanding of SharePoint Online / Office 365 and differences between Online and On-premise (should be able to explain the technical benefits of each and preferably the business benefits of each)
• Deep functional understanding of the SharePoint platform and capabilities (including SharePoint Framework, Add-In/App Model, CSOM, etc)
• Ability to understand business objectives and translate into SharePoint functionality / requirements
• Verbal and written communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and technical document writing
• Experience of working with a wide range of client facing stakeholders with some engagement at the senior level (could be tweaked depending on the level of Consultant that is being recruited)
• Understanding of SharePoint governance good practices and importance
• Ability to configure simple applications using out-of-the-box SharePoint functionality
• Practical working knowledge of the end to end Solution Lifecycle Development process
• Understanding of platform hosting models and environments
• Ability to work with (and potentially lead) offshore delivery teams
• Small project delivery, management of scope and customer expectations
• Ability to troubleshoot, investigate and resolve technical issues
• Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
• Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities
What we offer
Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
Competitive base salary
Access to Avanade University
Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation