Full Stack .NET Developer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About the role
As a Full Stack .NET Developer, you will be responsible for the design and development of components across the full-stack of web application development, from back-end service and server side processing, data access design and implementation, to front-end web development with relevant frameworks such as Angular, Ember, Knockout, Aurelia, React, Bootstrap etc.
As a Developer by heart who is passionate in taking complex business problems and converting them into elegant solutions with emphasis on modern web standards, proven patterns & practices and scalability you will be responsible for working in teams designing and building cloud scale web applications for our clients.
Day-to-day, you will:
Work directly with our clients to define and refine requirements.
Design and Develop fully functional application components, features and services.
Consistently develop and deliver high-quality, low-defect, maintainable and robust code.
Be part of a strong, creative, cross-functional project team, designing, building and testing new products, services and infrastructure.
Ensure quality through adherence to technical best practice and through mentorship, feedback and paired programming.
You are excited about working with a global technology leader to solve business-critical problems for some of the top companies in the world. You are a fast learner, self-starter, and creative thinker. You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation.
- A broad knowledge of the .NET Web stack (e.g. ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Entity Framework, Web API) architecture and development.
- Experience in both relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience building web services (e.g. SOAP, REST).
- Experience with Algorithms and Software Design.
- Experience in building Single Page Applications making appropriate use of frameworks.
- Experience in developing and executing unit tests to ensure and maintain code quality.
- Proven experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, test automation, automated configuration and deployment)
- Strong awareness and adherence to best practices of coding, testing and deployment.
Personable, enthusiastic, a strong communicator, and is detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Passionate for technology - curiosity towards new and emerging technology within web, cloud and multi-form-factor development, languages, frameworks and methodologies
- Expert knowledge of Angular JS or another relevant SPA development framework.
- Working knowledge of Node.JS.
- Experience with Cross-browser development and troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge in designing, implementing and consuming RESTful services.
- Experience with mobile technologies (e.g. iOS, Android, PhoneGap/Cordova, Appcelerator).
- Experienced with Agile development practices.
- Experience with common cloud DevOps techniques and technologies.
- Experience with Azure PaaS for storage, compute and applications.
- Experience with public key infrastructure, digital certificates and PKI related technologies.
- Experience in web socket technologies (e.g. SignalR, Socket.IO).
- Experience with big data platform(s) (e.g. Hadoop).
- Working knowledge of user, security and identity management in a web environment.
- Working knowledge of industrial control systems and security implications.
- Demonstrable ability to work with end users, analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
- Ability to provide technical solution recommendations which align to the clients’ business and technology strategy.
- Proven ability to scope and estimate level of effort for the development of solution features and or functionality.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
- Competitive base salary
- Access to Avanade University
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.