Front End Developer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About the role
As a Front-End Developer at Avanade, you will be closely working with UX Architects and Interaction Designers helping turn designed experiences into reality. We provide efficient and scalable solutions to deliver a seamless experience across multiple touch-points. Our goal is to help designers shape and imagine the future. Joining Avanade, you will be part of a global team and be working with team members internationally.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Maintain a finger-on-the-pulse awareness of new technologies and best practices by following industry publications and blogs
· Experiment with new techniques and proofs of concept for improving code
· Develop discrete, modular site structure and code, with a focus on reusability of code (write once, run anywhere)
· Provide direction and examples for junior developers to follow
· Conduct code reviews for project work and suggest areas for refactoring or improvement
· Help build Avanade’s library of reusable features and modules by building prototypes and proofs of concept
· Create creative technical solutions to address challenges for Avanade and their clients
· Proven relevant UI / front-end development experience
· Demonstrates ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
· Evangelize quality of code and attention to detail within Avanade through informal communication, formal presentations and training sessions
· Contribute to business development efforts through customer relationships, RFP submission support and identification of growth areas for existing projects
· Work with other teammates who lead various aspects of the project: UX Architects, Creative Leads and Visual Designers, Business Analysts, and Project Managers
· Communicates technical requirements, benefits, or limitations in terms that non-technical staff and easily digest
· Proactively communicate concerns or questions regarding project work and expectations
· Knowledge of current development of tools and frameworks used in front-end development: Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, Ember, Xamarin,PhoneGap, Grunt, Handlebars, SASS, Less
· Working ability with various programs used in the role of a front-end developer: Visual Studio, Sublime, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Fireworks
· Familiarity with common code patterns and standards: semantic HTML, Revealing Module Pattern, Immediately Invoked Function Expressions
· Understand code debugging practices and tools: Browser compatibility and feature support, integrated developer tools, error trapping, breakpoints, Fiddler
· Some experience with Microsoft technologies (e.g., SharePoint, Sitecorp, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio)
· Understanding of UX concepts, techniques and practices
· Experience with development for mobile devices
· Ability to code to meet specifications
· Can work with cross-functional teams and diverse clients
· Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate" "Accountable for verifying accuracy and quality of others' work products against established standards, precedents, and best practices
· Accountable for chargeability and training targets
· Accountable for project and annual goals
What we offer
· Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
· Competitive base salary
· Access to Avanade University
· Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation