About the role
As a User Experience Manager at Avanade, you will be closely working with Experience Technologists and Interaction Designers helping turn designed experiences into reality. We provide efficient and scalable solutions to deliver a seamless experience across multiple touch-points. Our goal is to help designers shape and imagine the future. Joining Avanade, you will be part of a global team and be working with team members internationally.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses
- Develop and apply software design and usability processes for investigating technical problems
- Provide solution usability, evaluation and support to project teams - including the analysis investigation of applications or systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction
- Help develop design concepts and support implementation, providing input on user design considerations
- Produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product or solution in development
- Design user interfaces, flows, journeys and prototypes based using a variety of authoring tools and providing decision rationale and detail for development
- Manage and grow team of people
- Proven relevant UX design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Human-computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Service Design, or similar
- Experience may substitute for degree
- Masters in related discipline a plus
- Experience with UX disciplines such as UX Design, research methods, information architecture, usability testing, and content strategies
- Experience translating requirements into design specifications
- Experience researching, designing and/or proposing solutions with mobile layouts in mind
- Capable of understanding and articulating technical feasibility of solutions
- Demonstrates ability to manage cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience in delivery of end-to-end UX projects using a variety of methodologies (Agile, Scrum etc.)
- Track record in developing and selling in experience led projects to internal and external clients
- You will have the flexibility to work from home with some travel required to meet with clients
What we offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
- Competitive base salary
- Access to Avanade University
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.