ERP Functional Consultant
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About the role
As an ERP Functional Consultant, you will collect requirements and solve problems using ERP solutions. You are a liaison between Avanade clients and ERP consultants, particularly during the initial phase of projects.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Transform the business process decomposition and requirements into a logical and technical model, and map the processes to application requirements
· Prototype and configure the respective business processes in AX and making sure the system reacts in the manner according to the constraints defined by the customer
· Leads client workshops, with client management, to analyze and design solutions for any application and/or process gaps detected during prototyping.
· Writes functional specifications and interfaces with technical team to insure functional requirements are understood
· Create or evaluate the customer's business process decomposition
· Define or evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements and link them to the business processes
· Document the settings and prepare customer specific system documentation
· Assist the technical staff by testing the behavior of the system
· Transition the solution to the support organization
· Support the key-users in user acceptance testing of the system
Train key-users and/or end-users
Your technical and non-technical skills include:
· Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
· Strong client interface and presentation skills
· Strong business acumen
· Track record of initiative and outstanding performance
· Excellent interpersonal skills-'Customer Focus'
· Manages customer expectations effectively
· Ability to quickly build relationships
· Passion for learning
· Strong time management skills
· Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology
· Working knowledge of Microsoft platform skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
· Global skill requirements to come; speak to hiring manages, capability leads, and region Talent Community champions for needs in your local market.
What we offer
· Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
· Competitive base salary
· Access to Avanade University
· Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
· Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
· If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
· Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation