|Recruiter:||The Competition and Markets Authority|
|Listed on:||28th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,252 - £44,625|
|Salary Notes:||Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Competition & Markets Authority|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
To meet the demands of an increasingly digitalised world the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is rapidly expanding. As part of its ongoing growth, the CMA requires an experienced IT Manager to take sole responsibility for providing all-round support to the new Edinburgh office. This is an exciting and varied role offering ongoing development opportunities as the organisation continues to expand.
The installation and Intergration Manager will be solely responsible for the Edinburgh network infrastructure, including proactively providing 1st/2nd/3rd line support (offering a high degree of customer service) for Office365 applications, Windows 10 builds, management of any outstanding installations, hardware/software deployment and mobile phone device activations. You will deal with all issues in line with business policies and processes, operating to recognised Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based service management standards.
The post holder will also oversee future Edinburgh IT projects. These could involve support for office expansion, future building moves, desktop and mobile phone deployment. The role also includes providing remote IT support for our staff based in Belfast and Cardiff offices with additional assistance from our London based IT team.
The successful applicant will be able to evidence:
• Proven experience and technical knowledge around operational support for Office 365 (inc. SharePoint, MS Teams, Planner, OneDrive, Skype for Business among others), within a Windows10 environment.
• Experience in hardware and software rollout deployments including mobile phone devices.
• The ability to log incidents on an IT Service Management tool, following industry best practice and adhering to CMA ICT policies.
• Experience and knowledge of Active Directory account administration, SCCM configuration and deployments via inTune console.
• Experience of LAN/VLAN/ WAN technologies using Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to troubleshoot and prioritise key tasks to achieve delivery timescales.
• Experience of collaborative working with staff at all levels including 3rd party vendors in a customer focussed service environment.
• Experience in managing and/or supporting IT projects operating within a PRINCE2 framework.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity and about working for the CMA, please click on the APPLY button.
Closing date: 6 February 2019.
The CMA is an accredited Disability Confident Employer and are Stonewall Diversity Champions. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds and recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds.