|Listed on:||25th January|
|Location:||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Salary/Rate:||£18,000 - £18,000|
|Salary Notes:||DOE Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job title: service Desk Associate
Location: Halifax, West Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £18,000 (DOE) + Choice of Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
We are on the lookout for a talented Service Desk Associate to join our Specialised Business Unit, based at our Halifax office. You will be joining and experienced team of 6 ranging from team leads to technical engineers.
The purpose of the Service Desk Associate will be -
To provide first class customer service and support to the SSP customers, dealing with initial enquiries in regards to our software products. You will be delivering results by taking accountability and resolving client issues in a timely manner.
We'd like to meet a Service Desk Associate with experience in the following -
- Experience of providing first-rate customer service through working on a Service Desk, analysing and resolving client issues.
- The ability to investigate and provide efficient solutions for application issues raised in a timely manner.
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment, and the ability to work proactively and independently.
- A real passion to provide resolutions to customers through a high level of customer service.
- Experience of working with one or more of the following - Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Products, SQL, Unix and Linux operating systems is required.
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry or an interest in IT/creating software are highly desirable.
The Service Desk Associate responsibilities include -
- Investigating and providing solutions for issues raised from client calls, emails or portal requests to the service desk.
- Producing clear specifications relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions.
- Recognising when a call is not readily resolvable and following processes to ensure that the issue is escalated.
- Carry out testing, investigate and report errors that may be found.
- To assist the Service Desk Team Leader to control the number of calls open on the Service Desk.
- To use the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded.
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients.
What's in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, matching pension scheme and so much more.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Service Desk Associate, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Service Desk Associate, IT Support Technician, Technical Support Advisor, IT Support Analyst, Helpdesk Associate, Service Desk Technician, Helpdesk Technician, IT Support.