IT Project Manager
Job title: IT Project Manager
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
About the role
Here at Babcock we are looking to recruit an IT Project Manager on a permanent, full time basis based in Devonport, Plymouth.
You will ensure the effective delivery of business value from the delivery of IT projects. The main focus is on delivering application-based projects, but there is a need to also manage infrastructure projects where the need arises.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation. We also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
Extensive experience as an IT Project Manager is essential with a Prince2 &/ APM qualification. You will need to have exposure to Agile and must have delivered IT Projects from start to finish including Budget.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Run application and infrastructure projects £50k - £800k
* Assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately;
* Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers;
* Coordinating communication with all areas of the business that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed
The right person will thrive on pressure, challenges and satisfaction of delivering projects.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role and will also need to complete a medical assessment
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.