IT Service Continuity Specialist
£55000 - £70000
Competitive base + Car/car allowance & benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Service Continuity Specialist
A new opportunity in the growing Cyber & Risk Team for an IT Service Continuity Specialist to provide functional leadership & proven experience of developing IT service/business continuity policies and procedures, impact analyses and risk assessments, interfacing with other IT groups, meet DR needs, manage & maintain the IT Risk Register.
A Fortune 500 company, our client is one of the world's major project development and construction groups. The UK business is a leading contractor in Building & Building Services, Infrastructure & Infrastructure Services, Utilities and Cementation. An ethical, inclusive, value driven and people focussed company; the UK had revenues of £1.678bn in 2016 and employs c5,813 people. Global revenues for 2017 were c£14.64bn. Working collaboratively with customers, partners and the supply chain, the company makes a positive difference to society.
IT, a key corporate function, is part way through a programme of aligning IT Services more closely with Business Units and Corporate functions to meet business demand. A new opportunity has arisen for an IT Service Continuity Specialist to join the growing Cyber and Risk Team.
The IT Service Continuity Specialist is responsible for co-ordinating and driving the development of integrated IT Service Continuity Plans, (SCP) ensuring a robust process is in place so that ongoing Disaster Recovery capability matches needs and timescales, critical business applications remain fully operational with a timely response to loss of key IT services. You’ll also manage and maintain the IT Risk Register. You’ll report to the Head of Cyber Security, Risk & Business Continuity.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing functional leadership for IT service continuity needs,
- Ensuring the SC strategy processes, plans and procedures are developed, maintained and communicated,
- Performing impact analysis and risk assessments and co-ordinating interfaces with other IT groups,
- Developing and implementing reviews and tests to underpin the SCP supporting recovery objectives,
- Facilitating a metrics and reporting framework to measure efficiency and effectiveness of the SC process,
- Owning, communicating and testing the SCP, ensuring key participants in the recovery process are aware and trained,
- Supporting the SCP within broader organisational Business Continuity Plans; representing IT on the UK BC Group Forum,
- Managing contracts with 3rd party service recovery providers.
An interesting and challenging role, requiring solid IT Service or Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery experience, it offers you the opportunity to work at the heart of the Cyber and Risk team across IT groups and the business, progressing your career in a corporate Construction company.
Of graduate calibre with a degree or equivalent business level qualification, you’ll have an ITIL accreditation and possibly one of CBCP, CBCI, EDRP, along with:
- A broad technical understanding of IT systems, applications and services to include configuration, monitoring and response to security events,
- Proven experience in developing IT service continuity policies and procedures,
- The ability to communicate SCPs to both technical and business teams,
- Ideally, knowledge of the UK regulatory requirements for Data and Information security,
- Broad Construction industry experience would be valuable.
Softer skills will include an enthusiastic, participative and adaptable style, able to build relationships achieving objectives in demanding situations. You will have strong written and spoken communication skills with a clear presentation style and a commitment to service quality, customer service and continuous improvement.
The office base will be either Head Office near Rickmansworth or the Doncaster office, South Yorks, with monthly visits to HO and travel to other sites in the UK.
To find out more about this interesting opportunity, please send your CV along with a cover letter giving your reasons for applying and your preferred location to Rushworths.