|Recruiter:||Disclosure & Barring Service|
|Listed on:||25th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£48,052 - £58,419|
|Contact Name:||Disclosure & Barring Service|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Home Office. We provide information to employers and other organisations in England and Wales (and barring information only in Northern Ireland) so they can make informed recruitment and licensing decisions, especially for employees and volunteers working with vulnerable groups. We also determine whether an individual can take up relevant posts by making decisions about inclusion on a barred list.
What we do really matters. Interested in joining us?
The DBS is looking to recruit inspiring people who meet our high standards and help us achieve our potential. As part of our vibrant team, you will enjoy excellent facilities and a warm and supportive working environment. The DBS Information Directorate is responsible for business and IT change initiatives across the organisation and is appointing an IT Security Architect to assist in the definition of the future cyber security strategy and lead on IT security matters within DBS.
Reporting to the Head of Security, you will lead the development and implementation of an Enterprise Security strategy and architecture that satisfies the requirements of the business whilst ensuring that it is aligned with Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines. You will cover all security aspects in core technology areas including data, networking, infrastructure, software development, mobile, cloud and digital platforms. The successful applicant will be required to work alongside enterprise architecture, delivery, technical, commercial and security staff, within DBS, central Home Office and supplier communities, relating to the DBS contracts, projects and programmes within the DBS portfolio.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Informing and evaluating suppliers' Security Architecture design for current and new DBS Change / Transformation Programme projects;
• Defining the security architecture for the in-house digital developments in line with HMG policy, business requirements and organisational risk appetite;
• Providing assurance, advice and guidance to the DBS Accreditor on key projects within the DBS Change Programme, by offering technical support to all DBS Portfolio activities, and security risk assessments as required;
• Attending programme governance meetings, representing the interest of DBS security at the requisite governance boards as required;
A full list of accountabilities can be found on our website.
• SCCP SIRA, Ex CLAS and or similar demonstrable experience working for or on HMG Contracts as a technical security/risk advisor, within complex IT environments;
• CISSP/ CISM / ISO27001 Lead Auditor or similar certification, and or demonstrable security experience covering these security domains, within complex IT environments.
Benefits: In addition to a base salary, we offer a range of benefits including: generous annual leave allowance; commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff; employee assistance programme; flexible working opportunities; childcare voucher scheme; eye care voucher scheme; cycle to work scheme.
For more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Wednesday 6th February 2019.