IT Test Analyst
£25000 - £25000
2M Employment Solutions
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Test Analyst
Hours: Permanent / full time (18 month FTC)
Salary: £25,000 pa
Nisa is an award-winning group which helps independent retailers flourish in the retail market by distributing quality and competitive food at scale. Our ethos is to support communities around the UK, by helping independent retailers make a true difference to their local area.
As an IT Test Analyst reporting to the IT Test Manager, your role is to Analyse, Plan, Design and Execute effective testing deliverables for upcoming application development, in-house and outsourced product development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements to meet the needs of the Nisa business. You will need to apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify and communicate systems/software application issues and defects through meaningful testing in order to maximise the benefit of IT investments and business initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
* Through verification and validation ensure that Nisa's applications meet business and system requirements
* Collaborate with analysts, designers, developers, system owners and Business users in the testing of new software programs and applications.
* Ensure that any new software integration into Nisa's systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
* Document / Capture business processes scenarios as part of test case / script preparation.
* Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed to meet the needs of the Nisa business.
* Contribute to pre-testing phase of project development by evaluating system designs and requirements in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
* Create Test Cases and design and execute test scripts and scenarios that will determine optimal system functional performance according to specifications.
* Conduct all types of application testing as required, such as System, Regression, System integration, and Acceptance testing.
* Analyse formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
* Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to Senior Test Analysts and Test Manager.
Position Requirements (Desirable as training is provided)
Knowledge & Experience
* Experience as a tester for application integration and/or application product release.
* Knowledge of testing, software quality assurance best practices and methodologies including the writing of test cases and step by step test scripts.
* Experience with testing web based software applications across multiple platforms e.g. Desktop, Mobile, Tablet.
* Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
* Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
* Good project awareness and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
* Knowledge / Experience of Test / Defect Management Tools such as TestRail and Fogbugz.
* Experience of working with open source automated testing tools such as Selenium IDE.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving project environment
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
* Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software and system applications testing.
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.