Senior IT Service Desk Engineer
£25000 - £30000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is a growing business within the IT & Telecommunication Sector, based in Galashiels who are currently looking for an experienced IT Service Desk Engineer to join their busy support team.
As a Senior Service Desk Engineer, you will act as the first point of contact for Managed Service customers reporting issues, faults and requests relating to their service. The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems at the first point of contact.
This is a demanding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products.
- Managing and supporting clients' Servers, PC's and Network equipment
- Troubleshooting issues with technologies such as:
- Connectivity - Routers, VPNs, Firewall rules
- Networks - VLANS, Managed Switches, Performance bottlenecks
- Servers - RAID, Virtualisation - inc Exchange, SQL
- Backups - configuration, data recovery
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA, escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven IT Support experience including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software server and network related issues
- Proven previous experience in a customer facing role and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new skills in a fast-paced environment and can demonstrate an interest in new technologies such as Azure, and the latest features in SharePoint and Office 365
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to schedule tasks, meet deadlines, work unsupervised and set/follow procedures
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
- Full Driving License
Desirable technical knowledge/experience:
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 including Active Directory, File Permissions, DHCP/DNS services, Backup & Recovery and Group Policy
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016/Office365 and their related client devices
- Microsoft SQL, IIS, SharePoint, RDS and other server-related solutions
- Virtualisation solutions such as Hyper-V
- Networking principles such as VLANs and VPNs would be desirable.
- Education to at least A-Level standard with formal IT qualifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA etc).
- ITIL Foundation is desirable but not necessary.